Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Grant on MSc only covers 2 semesters?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:35am
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am doing a masters which started last Sept (2010) and finishes in Feb 2012. The first 2 semesters cover the main subjects and assignments and run from Sept- May and then the 3rd semester began in Sept just gone and runs till end of January when we submit out major project/thesis. I assumed since my course ran over the 3 semesters but was longer than a normal academic year for someone doing a degree etc that my grant would cover the 3rd semester running from Sept - Feb 2012 however the grant authority say that I got 3 payments already in the period from Sept 2010 to May 2011 and therefore am not due anything else.

Is this correct even though the course runs till Feb 2012? This was never pointed out by them at the time of approving the grant and leaves me with 5 months where I have to manage to pay for everything myself.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭achmairt

look into this further. If you signed up for an 18 month course, you should be able to get at least one more grant payment.

Advertisement