Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade time some advice on P67 boards and build.

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,773 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

Just wondering if you could give me some advice on an upgrdade, I've got a couple of years out of a Intel Bad Axe 2 motherboard with a Core duo CPU 2.66Mhz and 4gig of DDR 2 ram now I'm going to use the same PSU Harddrives and ATI graphics card. So it's going to be a general use PC as it is now, Kids play the sims on it, I want to do some video editing and some gaming.

From reading some of the posts here some are going for ASrock P67 motherboard for around €85 is this a good motherboard? Any others in or around this price better?

On the CPU front will probably go for an I5 2500K

Need some advice on DDR3 ram for this MB & CPU want to get 8gig I take it 12gig would be overkill for my needs?

I'm also going to go for a Crucial M4 SSD drive as it gets good comments on here.

Any advice appreciated

Comments

Advertisement