Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Could ya pull a Dexter in Ireland..

• 31-10-2011 5:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

For those who watch Dexter, do you think it would be possible to be like him and get away with it in Ireland?

Was just thinking the idea of getting away with Murder just seems a bit more plausible over here...

Same principles would apply, the only people you would...hunt, would be people who have killed and got away with it or people you feel deserve to die.

Tad morbid for Monday morning but it is Halloween...Anyway i'm bored in work....Entertain me!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭cloneslad

When did he start killing people???

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭circos

cloneslad wrote: »

When did he start killing people???

You didn't see the gritty remake?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

I doubt you'd get away with in the US..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

There were people up north getting away with it for years.

Thanks to the GFA most of them even got a Get Out Of Jail Free card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

RichieC wrote: »
    I doubt you'd get away with in the US..

I think that settled the question in the OP...good job. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

There were people up north getting away with it for years.

Yes, indeed, and none of those RUC "shoot-to-kill" murderers have been brought to justice since then, either.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

<cynical comment re: people already getting away with murder here>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I think it would be fairly easy to do here, once you were relatively careful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

If there was a Dexter about there may have been one less presidential candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

If there was a Dexter about there may have been one less presidential candidate.

Ah come on now... What did Dana ever do to you? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Ah come on now... What did Dana ever do to you? :pac:

All kinds of everything.

I doubt whether anyone would really want to kill Dana no matter how screwball her views are. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

Could ya pull a Dexter? What like in a nightclub or something?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

If there were ever an Irish remake of Dexter it would be dark and grey and relentlessly gritty and have no comic relief whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

Yeah I reckon you could get away with it here.

But it would be important that you do it in an interesting novel away for the first couple of years and then less and less entertainingly in each subsequent year.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Mindkiller wrote: »
    If there were ever an Irish remake of Dexter it would be dark and grey and relentlessly gritty and have no comic relief whatsoever.

I personally believe someone already has.
    Country this size , odds are we both have had and still do have hunters around.
    What about those missing women they think are buried in the Dublin mountains ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Dexter's not a very common name in Ireland, so they'd catch him before he even did the first one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

If a Presidental candidate can do it. .. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭4leto

It is believed someone is, perhaps Larry Murphy was responsible for the spate of disappeared women in Ireland, but no-one is sure. So perhaps there still is a serial killer operating in Ireland.

• Advertisement

We're better educated in Ireland than across the water in Yankeeland, so I guess it wouldn't take too long for someone to notice something Sinister about Dexter.:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

The Gardai are definitely tracking the OP's IP right now.... methinks we'll see a lot of solved murder cases in the next few days. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

You might get away with it in a metropolis or a huge wilderness of nothingness but neither exist in Ireland so very unlikely.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 833 ✭✭✭snafuk35

Irish people are nosy which is why the Irish were the backbone of police forces across the United States. Most people in rural Ireland have a relative in the Gardaí and everybody knows everybody else's business. There is no way a serial killer can operate here for very long without getting caught unless he is exceptionally intelligent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

horgan_p wrote: »
    I personally believe someone already has.
    Country this size , odds are we both have had and still do have hunters around.
    What about those missing women they think are buried in the Dublin mountains ?

Yes, according to every Urban/suburban legend in the greater Dublin area, every missing person ever is buried in the Dublin mountains.

Micko was kneecapped and left to die up there. Deco had his dick cut off, but a kindly trucker saved him and his knob. Mary was left there by the Blaawckrock (sic) raawpist (also sic). Liz, Joan, Angie and Mary (not related to the other Mary) are buried near the Hell Fire club after being killed by the Finglas Fingerer.
    All the Antos buried up there had snitched on the 'RA.
    snafuk35 wrote: »
    Irish people are nosy which is why the Irish were the backbone of police forces across the United States. Most people in rural Ireland have a relative in the Gardaí and everybody knows everybody else's business. There is no way a serial killer can operate here for very long without getting caught unless he is exceptionally intelligent.

Dear user who found this thread, I accept your bet.
    What's your real name and address. I'm fairly certain that I can pin something on you, kill you, get rid of your body (by dumping in in Galway bay and relying on the North Atlantic current to take your body to Iceland) and get away with it.

I look forward to killing you.

Wait. Shít. Fúcking internet and its lack on anonymity.

Go about your business and pretend this never happened.

Then I'll kill you. Hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

circos wrote: »
    For those who watch Dexter, do you think it would be possible to be like him and get away with it in Ireland?

Was just thinking the idea of getting away with Murder just seems a bit more plausible over here...

Same principles would apply, the only people you would...hunt, would be people who have killed and got away with it or people you feel deserve to die.

Tad morbid for Monday morning but it is Halloween...Anyway i'm bored in work....Entertain me!!

a dexter in ireland would be the best thing to happen the country

kill all the scum bags and knackers who rob cars

simples

even better would be to neuter any remaing daddys/mommys from ever breeding again.

result = scum free ireland

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Dexter is deadly, what an idea, what an actor. Here is what you will need to aquire as I've thought about this alot over time since Enda took over:

1.)Lots of plastic sheets
    2.)Hi-ace van or similiar - would have to be stolen or have fake reg's
    3.)Boat but not in a harbour, one you can access via a very small penninsula
    4.)Access to Horse Tranquilizer & a syringe
    5.)Balaclava
    6.)Gloves
    7.)Shoes that are too big for you but still fit you but appear 2 sizes bigger
    8.)Gun / Crow bar- Just in case
    9.)Police Radio
    10.)Fake ID's
    11.) Alliby

1 - To place the body on & carry out your work
    2 - Van needed to ambush person, prefably on footpath but could be anywhere
    Hi-Ace also has side sliding door which would be great for concealing urself
    3 - Boat but not in a harbour, somewhere quiet and dark so no one see's you going "sailing" at night, drop body in sea somewhere with "cement shoes"
    4 - Horse Tranquilizer is what Dexter uses but I think I would prefer a pressure syringe, ie it shoots it via your skin at high velocity. Stun gun would also be good here to quickly paralyse victim before using Tranquilizer.
    5- Balaclava for obvious reasons
    6- Gloves for obvious reasons
    7 - Shoes that are too big, just in case you leave a footprint near where the person was abducted it will throw off the investigation as they will be looking for someone bigger / heavier
    8 - Gun - just in case something goes wrong - easily purcahed online & sent in parts to anywhere in the world - you re-assemble the weapon yourself
    9 - Police Radio - easy to get a hold of on the net, you can listen in to the police and have a better idea of where they are, what they're doing etc...
    10 - Fake ID's - just in case you get stopped at a checkpoint before "the deed"
    11 - I was in all night watching Xfactor ??

I would also go as far to shave all the hair off my body bar eyebrows so they can't get you via hair / DNA samples.

The hardest part would be when you have the body with you for transport.
    That would be the most nervous part of it all.

Also it would be best to go for weak ppl, old ppl, females & politicians etc....

If only you could get a sniper rifle though everything would be much much much easier.

Those lads in the US that snipered people via the reg plate in their car was a very very clever idea. ( not the killing, just the idea behind how to conceal it all )

If it came to it I would probably use ticknock / the wicklow mountains to bury a body and I'm sure it would be easier than using a boat as there's less chance of getting caught ??

So my next question would be do you know anyone that works in Vetinary Science ?? I can get the rest of the goods myself

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,148 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Dexter is deadly, what an idea, what an actor. Here is what you will need to aquire as I've thought about this alot over time since Enda took over:

1.)Lots of plastic sheets
    2.)Hi-ace van or similiar - would have to be stolen or have fake reg's
    3.)Boat but not in a harbour, one you can access via a very small penninsula
    4.)Access to Horse Tranquilizer & a syringe
    5.)Balaclava
    6.)Gloves
    7.)Shoes that are too big for you but still fit you but appear 2 sizes bigger
    8.)Gun / Crow bar- Just in case
    9.)Police Radio
    10.)Fake ID's
    11.) Alliby

1 - To place the body on & carry out your work
    2 - Van needed to ambush person, prefably on footpath but could be anywhere
    Hi-Ace also has side sliding door which would be great for concealing urself
    3 - Boat but not in a harbour, somewhere quiet and dark so no one see's you going "sailing" at night, drop body in sea somewhere with "cement shoes"
    4 - Horse Tranquilizer is what Dexter uses but I think I would prefer a pressure syringe, ie it shoots it via your skin at high velocity. Stun gun would also be good here to quickly paralyse victim before using Tranquilizer.
    5- Balaclava for obvious reasons
    6- Gloves for obvious reasons
    7 - Shoes that are too big, just in case you leave a footprint near where the person was abducted it will throw off the investigation as they will be looking for someone bigger / heavier
    8 - Gun - just in case something goes wrong - easily purcahed online & sent in parts to anywhere in the world - you re-assemble the weapon yourself
    9 - Police Radio - easy to get a hold of on the net, you can listen in to the police and have a better idea of where they are, what they're doing etc...
    10 - Fake ID's - just in case you get stopped at a checkpoint before "the deed"
    11 - I was in all night watching Xfactor ??

I would also go as far to shave all the hair off my body bar eyebrows so they can't get you via hair / DNA samples.

The hardest part would be when you have the body with you for transport.
    That would be the most nervous part of it all.

Also it would be best to go for weak ppl, old ppl, females & politicians etc....

If only you could get a sniper rifle though everything would be much much much easier.

Those lads in the US that snipered people via the reg plate in their car was a very very clever idea. ( not the killing, just the idea behind how to conceal it all )

If it came to it I would probably use ticknock / the wicklow mountains to bury a body and I'm sure it would be easier than using a boat as there's less chance of getting caught ??

So my next question would be do you know anyone that works in Vetinary Science ?? I can get the rest of the goods myself

Look, if you want to shave your balls, just do it. You don't need all this serial killer malarky to cover it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

Dexter has made many mistakes and he is an expert! I have a sneaking suspicion he is going to get caught as he has had a good few close shaves already.

• Advertisement

SURPRISE MOTHER ****3R

+ when he headbutts stokes.

My favourite 2 bits of the series.

MarkR wrote: »
    Look, if you want to shave your balls, just do it. You don't need all this serial killer malarky to cover it up.

already shaved & polished. Gleaming like bowling balls my man.
    If you rub them, they squeek - LOL

On a more serious note if you were to be caught you have the luxury of knowing you'll be out in 2 years with a suspended sentance for murder in this cuntree so all is good.

Might be just easier to drive around town on a Friday night and shoot a randomer with a silencer.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭EddyC15

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    SURPRISE MOTHER ****3R

+ when he headbutts stokes.

My favourite 2 bits of the series.

Could you imagine a big auld fecker of a country Garda sneaking up behind you and shouting "Surprise, ya bashterd!"

Dexter seems to be very lucky that no one has noticed him going off in the middle of the night on his boat so much. But there are loads of small jetties out in the middle of nowhere that could be used.

Advertisement