Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slippers

Options
  • 31-10-2011 9:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

A very important subject.

With the winter setting in, I'm in need of a new pair of comfy slippers, got a stop gap pair in Penneys on saturday for 4 quid & they are not up to it,

I've had a pair from M&S before, good quality & fit....

Will try TK Makk to see if they have any...

So anywhere else in Galway selling these bad boys that are worth their weight in gold...

Price relatively un important when it comes to these essentials for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Have you ever tried the fur lined crocs? Loads of people use them as a slipper/house shoe. They're more expensive, around the 30/35euro mark but so so comfy and keep your feet nice n' toasty!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

I bought a pair in M&S last year for €25 and they fell apart within
    A
    Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

magentas wrote: »
    Have you ever tried the fur lined crocs? Loads of people use them as a slipper/house shoe. They're more expensive, around the 30/35euro mark but so so comfy and keep your feet nice n' toasty!;)

Hey, where can I pick up a pair of those? My father-in-law has them and they look great. I haven't seen them around town. They used to be on amazon.co.uk but are discontinuted it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭japanesebanana

• Advertisement

Anyone know if anywhere in Galway do these, the cros slippers (as mentioned above).

they sound like a great, LONG lasting, comfortable solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have a pair of these & they are orgasmic :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dSD2S7gIxQ

Got them in River Deep Galway

Got mine in the shoe shop downstairs in corbett court they've a big crocs wall at back of shop. Think it's called perfect shoes or something.

I got the baya lined in plum in there, same price as they are online and they are sooo comfy:cool:

magentas wrote: »
    Got mine in the shoe shop downstairs in corbett court they've a big crocs wall at back of shop. Think it's called perfect shoes or something.

Thanks for the tip!

BTW, that's in the Eyre Square Centre mall for those of us who didn't recognize Corbett Court.

I don't see a place called Perfect Shoes tho at http://www.eyresquarecentre.com/stores.

Fashion & Footwear
    Flanagan Footwear, New Look, Gosh Shoes, Mothercare, Champion Sports, Avanti, Remus Uomo, A-Look, Swamp, Vero, Moda, Greenes Shoes, Penneys, Barratts, Jack & Jones, Sara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Both look very comfy. I'll try them both out over the weekend and make my choice.
    thanks.

newkie wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip!

BTW, that's in the Eyre Square Centre mall for those of us who didn't recognize Corbett Court.

I don't see a place called Perfect Shoes tho at http://www.eyresquarecentre.com/stores.

Fashion & Footwear
    Flanagan Footwear, New Look, Gosh Shoes, Mothercare, Champion Sports, Avanti, Remus Uomo, A-Look, Swamp, Vero, Moda, Greenes Shoes, Penneys, Barratts, Jack & Jones, Sara
    That's because it's in Corbett Court Centre, not Eyre Square Centre!!!
    A quick google search threw up this www.yourlocal.ie/d/shoe-shops-galway/perfect_fit_091_569811
    Perfect Fit not Perfect Shoes, sorry.

They are different shopping centres under management/ownership by different people and with their own entrances, different opening hours etc. but they're both under the same roof so it's easy to see why people think it's all the one;)

Well whatever it's called a stopped by today and picked up a pair. Glad I tried them on in person because I would have gotten the wrong size if I had ordered online. That and I don't mind supporting local businesses on occassion (esp when the price is fair).

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

newkie wrote: »
    Well whatever it's called a stopped by today and picked up a pair. Glad I tried them on in person because I would have gotten the wrong size if I had ordered online. That and I don't mind supporting local businesses on occassion (esp when the price is fair).

The crocs? How much were they?

Comfy?

Cheers

The crocs? How much were they?

Comfy?

Cheers

Got the mammoth, older model. Exact same price, inc shipping, as online. Very comfy, well happy.

Advertisement