Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wedding band - good value?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey all -
    getting married 30th Dec this year - Dublin. Thought had wedding band licked, turns out not so.
    Frightened by quoted sample pricing of €2,500 - €3,000 for bands - really don't have/don't want to spend this much. any ideas folks? We need for 2 hrs play - finished by 11pm latest -
    love Beatles/Elvis/big sound Ratpack etc. but anyone who'd get a crowd up on the floor is what we want!

welcome suggestions,

Bailey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Tango One

Haven't heard Inertia 66 play but was told by a friend they were brilliant(not pricey either) and look like they play the type of music your looking for.
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Inertia-66/131563660214479?sk=wall

The Troubadours were great live but would be closer to the 2k price.
    http://www.troubadoursband.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

I would have thought that was slightly on the high side (although I have heard other people have had similar quotes) - All the quotes I got were $1800 - $2000 and most included a DJ as well in that price so it was for about 4 hours.

There's a wedding band thread here (it's stickied at the top of the page) and that's where I found the band I've booked - just went through all the names and looked them up online. Then I sent my bridesmaids to see the shortlist and they picked the one that got everyone up dancing the most and was the least cheesy!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭AoifeCork

Can i just pipe up here and say that your date was probably a huge factor on the quotes you were given-30th of December, ice, frost, bad roads, driving in the dark, etc. I myself am doing a wedding on the 29th in Sligo so we have put up the price to pay for the bands' accomadation.. Don't think its very fair to expect a band to drive dangerous roads with expensive gear at 4 in the morning at Christmas time... We will be booking a B&B!!! ;)

If it's the rat pack, big band sound you're going for,give The Pearly Whites a call. Clonmel based band but really really good and I think they include DJ for about 2000.

Then again, if they're anything like the rest of the wedding bands, they might hike up their price due to time of the year as well... but worth a shot!! Check them out on Facebook, they have some sound files I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

theres a few things here, youve 8 weeks to go and dont have a band yet, if you did have a band , did you not ask for the price up front and pay a deposit or is it all just late booking?

And with 8 weeks to go, any band asking for 2.5 is crazy. I know some people will pay it, but if youve seen a band for 2.5 and really like them, offer 2 or less, very little chance of them getting a gig now with so little time left.

Also, did you go through an agent or straight to a band for that price? agent will add 20% at least.

Advertisement