Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do phones get cheaper closer to Christmas?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

so my girlfriend needs a new phone and I'm thinking of getting her a desire s or something similar so my question is will it or any similar phones be coming down in price over the next month as new phones come out for xmas? Or are there even many phones coming out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

I think usually what happens is that there are price cuts on the more consumerist handsets, i.e, phones under the €250 price bracket. I wouldn't be expecting price cuts in higher end stuff tbh, as in, i don't think price cuts for smartphones are any more likely than any other time of year.

I think this is mainly because high end stuff is mainly bought on bill-pay plans, and many may not consider a 24 month contract to be a very nice present! :)

Pre-pay phones, however, make much better xmas presents, and most pre-pay phones would be well under €250.

So, in your case, there might be price-cuts on phones like the Wildfire S or Samsung Galaxy Ace in the shops, i don't think they would be incentivising phones like the Desire S for the pre-pay market

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-Desire-Free-Mobile-Phone/dp/B004NNU9YM/ref=sr_1_11?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1320059367&sr=1-11

I don't think you're going to do much better than amazon.co.uk for a Desire S, in any case..

Advertisement