Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ruger 10 22

Options
  • 31-10-2011 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I just got a new Ruger 10 22 this week, it's the all weather version so i thought i'd put up a few pic's.
    I only shoot the .22 now as i traded in my cz452 .17 HMR on the Ruger, I just have the 10 22 and a cz452 Silhouette (all Black) in .22.
    The 22's are so good to shoot, low noise, low cost and I'm not going shooting deer or anything so the 22's good for me,

PA290007.jpg
    PA290003.jpg
    PA290002.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭tomcat220t

Fine looking .22 ,best of luck and happy hunting :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

Lovely looking gun alright. Best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Lovely looking gun. I had a 10/22 before great fun rifle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

This is my CZ452 .22 that i've had a few years.
    Really like this gun. It gets some good use.

DSC00212.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

nice looking gun, are you going putting a scope on it or keeping the iron sights?

also what's the purpose of the thing connection the end of the stock to the barrel. never saw that on any gun before

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    nice looking gun, are you going putting a scope on it or keeping the iron sights?

also what's the purpose of the thing connection the end of the stock to the barrel. never saw that on any gun before

Thanks,
    I have a few small mods for it, I have put in the auto bolt release on it yesterday, that changes the gun completely and makes it so much easyer to use.
    I had a black sak moderator that a mate polished out to the bare silver and that looks good,
    Extended mag release lever,
    I have 3 wooden stocks for it as well, one is very nice with the wood grain showing and nicely polished so I'll keep that as is,
    one is just the standard timber stock that I'm going to paint como and the other stock I'm going to sell or make a 10/22 charger out of.
    The ring in the barrel is a barrel band ?

And i'm going to leave it with the standard iron sights for now as it might improve my shooting :p I will get a scope but money is tight right now so I'll have to wait.
    But it's a great little gun, I'm happy with it anyway.

This is the SAK moderator with the black paint striped off to match the barrel.
    I know you can buy a silver version but i already had this one,

PA310019.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭Hibrion

Thanks,

...and the other stock I'm going to sell or make a 10/22 charger out of.

Be careful there. Unless you have a license for it's use as a pistol and restrict the mag to five rounds (when it's being used as a pistol) you are in dangerous territory.

If you want to keep the irons, check out some of the fibre optic sights available online. They are much better the stock. They will also put the rear sight at the back of the receiver and give you better accuracy as a result.

Happy shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

The most fun rifle I ever owned was a 10/22 with 2x 25 round mags and a speed loader back in 2003.(pre SI 2009)

I sold it in 2006 but wish I had held onto it as it was very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

Does the mod not interfere with the open sights.....?

• Advertisement

tfox wrote: »
    Does the mod not interfere with the open sights.....?

The open sights are just clear of the mod and still useable but I'm undecided what to do in the long term about the sights,
    With a decent scope your hit every time but for target practice it's more fun with the open sights.

The charger was just an idea but I'll probably sell the spare stock to take the temptation away.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭jhcossie

i have the ruger 10/22 stainless version and its very hard to aim with the iron sights when the sak mod is in place.sro have a good deal on a scope 240euro for a bushnell banner dusk and dawn 6-18x50 same scope in duffys is 330 i think saw on there sight

You can use a parker hale mod with the iron sights no problem; if that is of any use to you.

Hibrion wrote: »
    You can use a parker hale mod with the iron sights no problem; if that is of any use to you.

Yer i tried the parker hale, It's much slimmer than the SAK but I'm going to try the fiber optic sights first, I like that idea best right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

jhcossie wrote: »
    i have the ruger 10/22 stainless version and its very hard to aim with the iron sights when the sak mod is in place.sro have a good deal on a scope 240euro for a bushnell banner dusk and dawn 6-18x50 same scope in duffys is 330 i think saw on there sight

O'Hallarans have that scope on offer at €199. Great looking glass at that money

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Alan 1990

This is my CZ452 .22 that i've had a few years.
    Really like this gun. It gets some good use.

DSC00212.jpg

Hi I have the same rifle and I love it deadly accurate. I never shot a fox with it yet what ammo where you using? I'm presuming stingers? Fine looking 10-22 too by the way man.

clivej wrote: »
    O'Hallrans have that scope on offer at €199. Great looking glass at that money

Hi Clive,
    Where would O'Hallrans be, I'm in Galway and don't know to many shops.
    That's a good price for that scope, I have the Bushnell 6-18x50 on my cz. and for the money it does a great job,
    Don't think i can expect to be getting anything above €200, especially with christmas on it way so it probably be the one to go for.
    I'm interested in the fiber optic sights but never seen any in the flesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

clivej wrote: »
    O'Hallarans have that scope on offer at €199. Great looking glass at that money
    Hi Clive,
    Where would O'Hallrans be, I'm in Galway and don't know to many shops.
    That's a good price for that scope, I have the Bushnell 6-18x50 on my cz. and for the money it does a great job,
    Don't think i can expect to be getting anything above €200, especially with christmas on it way so it probably be the one to go for.
    I'm interested in the fiber optic sights but never seen any in the flesh.

O'Hallaran is in Drangan Co. Tipp. Great little place and Paul's prices are always that bit better than the rest.

I was only looking at that Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 on Monday as I need a scope for my soon to be Marlin 1894 cowboy rifle in .38spl/357mag cal. and that's the scope I have decided to use.

Give him a call and I'm sure he'll post it off to you.
    052 9152112.
    Tell him you were talking to Clive. ('cos then I'll get my discount next time I buy :rolleyes:)

PS
    I bought that Bushnell Banner scope yesterday S/H but as new from the UK. It'll be in the post tommorow.

Jammy or wot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭rabbit assassin

Lovely looking gun , Im interested in buying one myself but have heard they are not as accurate as Bolt action , Any chance you can shoot a few groups and post the pics? Anyone else shoot one and able to tell me what groups they get ?

It will take a lot of money and tweaking to get it to shoot as well as a bolt action. Loads of lads pump money into them for gallery rifle. Clive just bought a lovely one like that.

I have a standard stainless with laminate stock and I use it for bunnys. You will get competent with it after some practice, but you might need to get a little closer to them than with a bolt action. But sure that's half the fun; for me anyway :)

• Advertisement

Hibrion wrote: »
    It will take a lot of money and tweaking to get it to shoot as well as a bolt action. Loads of lads pump money into them for gallery rifle. Clive just bought a lovely one like that.

I have a standard stainless with laminate stock and I use it for bunnys. You will get competent with it after some practice, but you might need to get a little closer to them than with a bolt action. But sure that's half the fun; for me anyway :)

I bought this 10 22 because it's fun to shoot and it's cheap to shoot,
    What's the point of having a really nice big gun and not been able to afford to shoot it. (that's what would have happened in my case had I bought something else)
    It's a great gun and I know you can put loads of cash into them,
    But I don't plan on doing to much that will cost a great deal just yet as I'm still getting to know the gun, mainly the things that will give the most return for the money.
    I've sacked the charger idea as it was only a thought and I (obviously) didn't think it through and using the spare stock to do a paint job on.
    I'm surprised that it's not a more popular gun in Ireland as everybody seems to have one in the states.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

they are much cheaper in the states and the parts to mod them are cheaper, you could buy a second hand 10/22 for 100$ over there in good condition then make it into whatever you can imagine with the aftermarket parts available!
    a 10/22 target here in most places is 850E-900E i heard ohallorans manages to do them for 650(best price iv seen for a new one)!850-900E is a crazy price for a 10/22. i dont get how in the u.s anew 10/22 target rifle is 500$(360e) and one like yours is 300$(216e) when they get here and change to euro price yours can be got for 450e BUT THE TARGET NEARLY Trebles IN PRICE TO 900 for some reason!!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭IrishTarget

I got my 10/22 Target for under 600 euros new. Duffys Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭bazza888

which model?thats great price,id love a ruger but id never pay 850 or 900 for one!!

10/22 T

I had to get it ordered from the US as there was none in stock. Waited a couple of months, but its a great little rifle groups very well at 50 meters also at 100.

Ill try and get pics of the targets

Ok two pics of groups I got at 50 meters off a rest with Lapua Match .22 ammo.

Could someone tell how to post pics that show in the post

Could someone tell how to post pics that show in the post

[IMG][/IMG]
    If this works as I think this pic will open huge as I clicked on the Image Icon on the top of the reply to post window.

If I resize the pic to less than 300kb in MS Paint, save it and resize it will shrink to an appropriate size.

EDIT

Now I will save resized pic with the Edit GO ADVANCED option , you will see when I add the pic I still leave the link to the pic I resized.
    180427.png

Sounds a bit difficult, but it is very quick really and do not have to use any third part photo provider

Thanks mate

• Advertisement

Thanks mate

It would look much better if you save the pic from your camera to your computer

Then open it in paint, Not copy and paste as it will look like the previous one I posted with has a lot of white.

When I save a pic, I resize it and rename it so when ever I want I can attach a pic by name, without having to search for it.

Advertisement