Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubin Kazan v. Tottenham Hotspur 03/11/11

Options
  • 31-10-2011 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

This is live on ITV4 at 5p.m. on Thursday. Having picked up the three points in the home fixture we can afford to send a young team over to Russia, with the Fulham game in the league very much the priority. A point here would be a great result and pretty much seal our progress to the next round.

I expect to see a line-up along these lines:

Gomes/Cudicini

Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Rose

Giovani, Sandro, Carroll, Pienaar

Pavlyuchenko, Kane

We could go with a far younger team, with Townsend, Livermore and Falque also in contention. Sandro, Gallas and Pienaar could do with the game though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    This is live on ITV4 at 5p.m. on Thursday. Having picked up the three points in the home fixture we can afford to send a young team over to Russia, with the Fulham game in the league very much the priority. A point here would be a great result and pretty much seal our progress to the next round.

I expect to see a line-up along these lines:

Gomes/Cudicini

Corluka, Bassong, Gallas, Rose

Giovani, Sandro, Carroll, Pienaar

Pavlyuchenko, Kane

We could go with a far younger team, with Townsend, Livermore and Falque also in contention. Sandro, Gallas and Pienaar could do with the game though.

would agree with nearly all of that line up only i'd like to see defoe get a run,it's going to be hard to get a win over there but i'm optimistic of us scrapping a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

I agree about defoe, it wud be great if he cud bag a goal or 2 over there to keep his confidence up
    Although the long distance travelling might not be good for him, considering that he will be on the bench a few days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I thought Danny Rose was injured again?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Anybody on the way home from work,can drop in to Tom Mayes for the match K/O 5PM,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Rubin-Kazan-Tottenham-team-news-Gallas-Pienaar-fit-to-make-first-appearances-of-season-article825952.html
    William Gallas and Steven Pienaar will both make their first Tottenham appearances of the season in tomorrow's Europa League game against Rubin Kazan in Russia.

Scott Parker, Sandro, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric have been left in London, but Jermain Defoe and Sebastien Bassong have travelled and are likely to start.

Youngsters Andros Townsend, Harry Kane and Tom Carroll will come into the side, but Danny Rose (ankle) and Giovani dos Santos (calf) are out.

Provisional squad: Gomes, Cudicini, Gallas, Bassong, Waller-Lassen, Stewart, Barthram, Livermore, Townsend, Pienaar, Fredericks, Carroll, Nicholson, Parrett, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe, Falque, Kane, Lancaster, Pritchard.

Based on that squad and information it looks like a team along the line of:

Gomes / Cudicini

RB, Gallas, Bassong, LB

Pienaar, Carroll, Livermore, Townsend/Falque

Pavlyuchenko, Defoe

I'm not sure what positions most of those youngsters play. If Kane doesn't start I'd like to see him get a good half hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Maybe Townsend at LB? not sure about RB. Good to see Gallas and Pienaar back though. This obviously means JD wont be starting at the weekend against Fulham.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Gomes
    Fredricks Gallas Bassong Townsend
    Falgue Livemore Carroll Pienaar
    Pav. Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

for those on UPC who dont have ITV 4 game is on Setanta Ireland - Recommend that you watch it with the sound off for fear of brian damage being caused listening to the commentary.

I think we will be lucky to get out of here with a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Mullo76 wrote: »
    for those on UPC who dont have ITV 4 game is on Setanta Ireland - Recommend that you watch it with the sound off for fear of brian damage being caused listening to the commentary.

I think we will be lucky to get out of here with a point.
    Ya I think we will struggle to get a point but they seem to be poor at scoring but very good at defending maybe if we can get a goal or two we'd have a great chance!

Two kids from the academy gone to Russia with the team. Kevin Stewart and Jack bartham I think. Then Kane, Fredricks, Nicholson, Carroll all over there as well now. Great to see.

• Advertisement

Two kids from the academy gone to Russia with the team. Kevin Stewart and Jack bartham I think. Then Kane, Fredricks, Nicholson, Carroll all over there as well now. Great to see.

Carroll and Adam Smith have been called up to the England under-21 squad for next weeks games which is great to see as well. We've got a very promising bunch of youngsters coming along it seems, which is great to see. If only one or two break towards the first team it would be some boost, and I'd rather see the limited likes of Livermore taking up a squad space than a Jenas or Bentley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Starting 11: Cudicini; Fredericks, Bassong, Gallas, Townsend; Falque, Carroll, Livermore, Pienaar; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Starting 11: Cudicini; Fredericks, Bassong, Gallas, Townsend; Falque, Carroll, Livermore, Pienaar; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.
    Seriously young team I'll be really impressed if we get a draw!

Cudicini a busy keeper don't tink we have had a shot on target yet.

He's made a couple of good saves. Pav should have been on the end of that Defoe cross, but then Pav is a lazy sod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Mr. Guappa wrote: »

He's made a couple of good saves. Pav should have been on the end of that Defoe cross, but then Pav is a lazy sod.

Well done bassong ...

Disappointing we weren't to bad before that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Bassong oozes sh*te.

Not sure what Falque did there to foul him?

Gallas injured ....

• Advertisement

Gallas injured ....

Didn't look too serious. Hopefully not anyway because I'd much rather Gallas than Bassong the next time King misses out.

We look tired but Carroll has been excellent has he given away the ball yet? Despite the fact that we haven't stamped our authority on the match we actually have done pretty well to be fair.

Falque excellent too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Ah well, no points gained but valuable experience nonetheless for the kids. But it must be said that senior players like Bassong and Pav have let themselves down again. Harry Kane looked lively when he came on and Carroll was very good too.

Not the end of the world hopefully back to winning ways against Fulham. Youngsters did well and in the end it was a senior players mistake that gave away the goal.

Townsend and Bassong I thought were poor Pieenar wasn't great but he looked wrecked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

just seen the injury time so cant comment on the match but am i right to think we will end up 3rd in the table tonight?

keane=cock wrote: »
    just seen the injury time so cant comment on the match but am i right to think we will end up 3rd in the table tonight?
    Ya third on goal difference we should be able to get the points v PAOK at home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭bradolf pittler

rubin kazan 1 tottenham reserves 0......not too disheartened,start adebayor and we'll beat paok at the lane but if we dont it would be great to send a full strength team to rovers needing a win

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Be good for Rovers if we needed a win to top the group. Not far to travel so if that happens he could very well send a full squad.

Anyone think is Carroll ready to be loand out to a premier league club or would he be better off in the championship?
    Just wondering as surely a game a week would do him the world of good.

• Advertisement

Anyone think is Carroll ready to be loand out to a premier league club or would he be better off in the championship?
    Just wondering as surely a game a week would do him the world of good.

At the moment he is probably too light and too much of a footballer to get a regular game in a lower half PL club. He might be better off getting a bit of a kicking against some of the experienced journeymen in the Championship.

There is a good few of our youngsters that I expect to be loaned out in Jan/Feb, depending on our EL progress and how seriously we take the knock-out phase.

Advertisement