Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

remote accessing from wins 7 to win xp

• 31-10-2011 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

ok hope this is right place and hope someone can help :)

need to access my dad's laptop remotely anytime he has problem with it i know it would be so much easier if i could have access to his screen rather then trying to talk him through it or him telling me what he is seeing

i need the set up to be easy as he will be installing his end and setting it up his end...

any help? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

TeamViewer or Logmein

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Barack Obama

TeamViewer or Logmein

Yep - either of these 2. Logmein can run as a service tho and you can get quick access via the web. TeamViewer need you to get the ID and password from your dad each time. Not sure if there is any way around this - I'm sure someone might know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

There's also Remote Assisstance. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

typical... i went down route of msn messenger went ok.. but i can't see his intie when he inites me...it says it on his computer waiting my acceptance but doesnt show up on my screen

but i tried it other way round and he can acccess my desktop no problem..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I use logmein, works the easiest as it is always on ready for connection, you can setup TeamViewer the same way though afaik, Logmein works through a web browser which is handy

Nick

• Advertisement

just trying to get the easiest option from his end which i thought msn messenger wold be..if only i can figure out why im not getting his invitation

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

just trying to get the easiest option from his end which i thought msn messenger wold be..if only i can figure out why im not getting his invitation

Definately logmein, just login on his machine, download the logmein client and install it, then when his machine is online you can simply log in to www.logmein.com, click his machine, enter specified password and bam your in. Whats brilliant is it requires no iteraction by the client, hence lessening confusion of invitations/IDs etc and doesn't do pop ups like TeamViewer does after a free session...

Nick

ya i know i saw that but im not at his pc now and thats the problem..if he could install things like and set them up i wouldnt be in this pickle..

sorry not been smart thanks for your input :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's also various VNC solutions but Logmein is easiest.
    All solutions demand that he install something on his side.

You can send a tutorial over to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭PapaQuebec

Yep - either of these 2. Logmein can run as a service tho and you can get quick access via the web. TeamViewer need you to get the ID and password from your dad each time. Not sure if there is any way around this - I'm sure someone might know...

Teamviewer can also be run as a service. I use it on my PC to allow me remote access via the Teamviewer app for iPhone!

• Advertisement
Advertisement