Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy an Italian pepper mill in Dublin?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

As per the topic I'm looking for where to buy a nice (what I think is) Italian pepper mill in Dublin City Centre and how much it costs? It does not have to be exactly like the picture or the same size, but something similar on both counts.

WD-PM-23.jpg

I bought a cheap glass Schwartz black peppercorns mill recently which I thought was reusable but does not seem to open!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The quality of a pepper mill is all about the grinder in the mill. Personally favour Peugeot - available online at Nisbets (cheaper than the shops I'll bet).

http://www.nisbets.ie/pepper-Peugeot/q01a0101.ra.1/Search.raction

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

TK Maxx are pretty good for that kind of thing, got mine there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

I got one in arnotts for about 25 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Yes, the mechanism is the important thing, and Peugeot are the best. The abovementioned shops are worth a punt, as are Stock and Kitchen Complements. By the way, the one you have pictured there looks to me like it's made from Olive wood.

Also, I personally don't use a nice wooden one like that in the kitchen as it gets a bit messy, so I reserve it for the table. In the kitchen I use a Schwarz one, and they can be refilled, it just needs a bit of force to get the tops off .. a screwdriver under the rim in a few places usually prizes it off no trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Alun wrote: »
    Also, I personally don't use a nice wooden one like that in the kitchen as it gets a bit messy, so I reserve it for the table. In the kitchen I use a Schwarz one, and they can be refilled, it just needs a bit of force to get the tops off .. a screwdriver under the rim in a few places usually prizes it off no trouble.

Yes! The Schwarz ones are great, and I'm going to pick up the refillable one today just to keep me going. We actually bought a Schwartz pepper mill last week but although a quality sturdy product turned out to not be refillable.

Light Wood Pepper Mill 17"

Looks like a Peugot pepper mill there for €12?

Ideally I'll get a matching salt mill - I've heard once taken in small doses rock salt is much healthier than regular salt? Should a salt mill/grinder really be much smaller than say a 17" inch pepper mill?

• Advertisement
Advertisement