Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorry but another help me choose thread

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I want to get a smartphone/iphone. It will be my first and I'm currently with Meteor and don't mind changing network.

I like the iphone4s & the Samsung Galaxy S2.
    If I go with 3 I could get friends/family discount of -20/25% off the monthly commitment. But they don't do this discount with the 2 phones above.
    I'm also worried about their coverage & support.

I think I use about 400 txts per month and maybe 400 minutes. 300 of these mins are to Irish landlines, 100mins to a Meteor mobile my husband uses when he's working in Europe Mon-Fri.
    I threw my usage details into callcosts.ie and it came out with loads of Tesco sim only packages but as I also want a new phone that wasn't much help. They don't do the iphone. Their data limit is 2GB for 2 of their plans, is that sufficient or would is it easy enough to go over that?

If I get a smartphone I might be able to use skype to my husband's smartphone. He's skyped me from his phone though and the quality wasn't great and calls were dropped a lot so not sure if that would wreck my head.

I'm getting really confused about the plans out there and because they're all 18-24 mth contracts now (unless you pay 100s for your phone) I want to make the right choice.

I've been trying to get a new phone for months now but keep getting lost in the details of the different plans and the iphone/android debates.

I know ye're all sick of these posts but any pointers would be appreciated.
    Or is there another site like callcosts.ie that include the phone as well as usage?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭applejunkie

Would reccomend tesco mobile, I got the galaxy s2 free and for 55 euro a month I get 1000 mins and 1000 texts and 2gb of data , you also get free calls texts and picture messages to other tesco mobile customers
    They use the o2 network so ive found their signal perfect and never went out of 3g coverage

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Yeah the 55 a month looks brilliant with 1000 txts & 1000 mins. You'd never go over that but is the 2gb of data sufficient?
    My bill was only 45 euros last month, I don't want to a package that's too big (& expensive) for my needs either but Tesco's next package down is crap.
    If I already had a phone I'd definitely go with Tesco though.

I'm inclined to either stay with Meteor (better the devil you know) or go with 3 (they do seem very cheap but I've heard terrible stories about coverage, support and a colleague in work gets her voice messages 3 or so days after they were left.

Advertisement