Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tall liberty building

Options
  • 31-10-2011 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

The building that was lit up there recently for online

The tall one along the quays next to the train line with the waves top roof

I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about.

What I'd like to know is is it possible to go to the top of it for public joe ?

Just looking at it there I noticed an observation type area at the top

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,422 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

robbie_998 wrote: »
    The building that was lit up there recently for online

The tall one along the quays next to the train line with the waves top roof

I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about.

What I'd like to know is is it possible to go to the top of it for public joe ?

Just looking at it there I noticed an observation type area at the top

They open it for public access once a year, sometime in October i think.

Luckily for me i got access a few months ago to take some snaps :D

6112467966_d09d2e8a21_z.jpg
    Looking East From The Roof Of Liberty Hall by kceire, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Looks fantastic i must say ... Would enjoy I trip up there if it was open alright.

Is there a website for it or would it be in the paper or the likes ?

Great picture there !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I presume it's the Open House architecture festival that kceire is referring to.

http://www.openhousedublin.com/index.php/tour/liberty-hall/

You've missed the 2011 show by a few weeks.

Ben D Bus wrote: »
    I presume it's the Open House architecture festival that kceire is referring to.

http://www.openhousedublin.com/index.php/tour/liberty-hall/

You've missed the 2011 show by a few weeks.

yeah possibly, the building manager told us when we went up that it opens one day a year, i got up with a work mate to take some pics of the Georges Quay area for a project in work, also a PS dept, so maybe thats why they let us up.

We also rang in advance and arranged it with the guy.
    Have loads more Pics, just never uploaded them anywhere, will do a few this evening and throw some up.

• Advertisement

The reason the views of Dublin look good from the roof of Liberty Hall is because you can't see Liberty Hall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭pabloh999

Nice pics

pabloh999 wrote: »
    Nice pics

cheers, very dull and windy day and using a point and shoot camera, but could see as far as Howth Hear, Finglas, Ballymun etc

and just to confirm, Liberty Hall opens up every year as part od the www.architecturefoundation.ie weekend.

This year it was open on Sat 8th and Sun 9th October from 10am-1pm with the last tour beginning at 12.30pm on a first come basis.

have the little book here on my desk :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

What a depressingly low-rise city we live in :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Jehuty42 wrote: »
    What a depressingly low-rise city we live in :(

was only thinking that myself funny enough

i remember looking at a documentary there about a year ago and it was about this very building

they were saying the irish were afraid of heights and all that and the builders were mainly foreign when this was being built !

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Gae

robbie_998 wrote: »
    they were saying the irish were afraid of heights and all that and the builders were mainly foreign when this was being built !

Well the Irish didn't seem too afraid when they were building the skyscrapers in the US...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,916 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

empty low rise buildings or empty high rise buildings?

empty low rise buildings or empty high rise buildings?

Empty Low Rise!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kceire wrote: »

good view there of the building that has replaced LH as the tallest in Dublin (Google's new HQ "Monte Vetro"; only by a metre or so though).

loyatemu wrote: »
    good view there of the building that has replaced LH as the tallest in Dublin (Google's new HQ "Monte Vetro"; only by a metre or so though).

You might like this one then, its a little more zoomed in. Its a building i'd like to get more shots of if work takes me down there.

6303527693_42601c0389_z.jpg
    The Aviva And Google's New HQ "Monte Vetro by kceire, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wonder will Google do an open day on the top of their new builsing at some stage, be cool to see the city from another angle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

kceire wrote: »
    [/]kceire[/url], on Flickr

The pics are nice, for me it demonstrates how small Dublin really is, that you can see pretty much all of it in those shots from a not really very tall building.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

neris wrote: »
    Wonder will Google do an open day on the top of their new builsing at some stage, be cool to see the city from another angle

If you know one of the 2000 employees, they can bring you in for lunch and take you to one of the rooftop restaurants they have - good food and superb views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Cathaoirleach

loyatemu wrote: »

Actually, this is Dublin's tallest building at 230ft. ;)

2c.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement