Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF3 Classes Help

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I recommend you check out the BF forum instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

shoot them in the head

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Boom. Headshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

feeney92 wrote: »
    So im new to the BF game, and im just in need of a little help with my whole online class thing, at the moment im using the default sniper, but its absolutly ridiculous that it takes 3 shots to kill someone, i mean that doesnt even happen in cod with a sniper, i unlocked the second sniper which is bolt action, and this seems to be the same, some people are telling me that no matter what it takes 3 shots to kill someone and others tell me its just the gun....can anyone shed any light on this plz?
    Your supposed to shoot them in the head. It's called balance. It prevents one weapon or class from dominating or overshadowing all the others. It's a thing that games other than Call of Duty have.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Your supposed to shoot them in the head. It's called balance. It prevents one weapon or class from dominating or overshadowing all the others. It's a thing that games other than Call of Duty have.

unfortunately... snipers don't dominate or overshadow in the slightest in CoD.

But yeah.. headshots are king in BF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Magill wrote: »
    unfortunately... snipers don't dominate or overshadow in the slightest in CoD.

But yeah.. headshots are king in BF.
    God my post was a bit bitter re-reading it. Sorry for that. My memories of playing Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer are mostly of being killed by snipers and people who seemed to have spawned right behind me. Haven't played the multiplayer portion of the series since but the hateful bashing I hear about the series mainly consists of "noob tube" (a grenade launcher I think?) and snipers quick-scoping all the time so I was getting the impression that snipers being OP was a considerable problem.

In any case I stand by my statement of balance generally being something that Call of Duty doesn't have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Unfortunately Bolt actions are pointless on softcore. Not got to use them in hc as the servers were down.

I'm using the M98b at the minute, It's a .338 Lapua which means it should be a one hit kill If you hit center mass.

Wont get on till mid week so wont know bout hardcore till then.

Ignore the recon class till you've unlocked some solder class guns. Bit stupid but I'm currently a run and gun recon player. Makes no sense at all they've just nerfed the entire recon class

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Eldoco

new to bf, am about to start online today, what defaulkt class would you recommend using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP: forget regular mode, play hardcore, profit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Yes but just so you know your mav will become useless as in hardcore the big orange spot symbols do not show up

feeney92 wrote: »
    ok thans guys, so i just change my search preferences to hard core and should be ok?

yea, hardcore is easier

al28283 wrote: »
    yea, hardcore is easier
    yeah less health, no spotting or ammo count = easier.

Good arguement sir.

Good arguement sir.

yep, the other team also has less health, no spotting or ammo count

Lol yet another great arguement.

Lol yet another great arguement.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭jackoire

al28283 wrote: »

Good arguement sir.

yep, the other team also has less health, no spotting or ammo count

Also some hc servers have no killcam ,minimap or spawning on squad leader only.
    Is'nt hc designed to be more tactical and softcore for rushing eg less sniping.

jackoire wrote: »
    Also some hc servers have no killcam ,minimap or spawning on squad leader only.
    Is'nt hc designed to be more tactical and softcore for rushing eg less sniping.

I think that was the initial idea, but on BC2 it ended up being full of people who just can't shoot very well. At least on the xbox, maybe it's different on PC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

BC ended up being 101 ways of killing people without actually using bullets.

Advertisement