Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband slowdown

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

My Eircom NGB has slowed from 5Mbps to 1.5Mbps over the last while. It's making video calls, VoIP and online gaming impossible. Could I please get some assistance?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

JMcG92 wrote: »
    My Eircom NGB has slowed from 5Mbps to 1.5Mbps over the last while. It's making video calls, VoIP and online gaming impossible. Could I please get some assistance?
    Hi JMcG92;
    have escalated this to tech support to investigate for you.. Line and connection appear ok but may be an issue with syncing profile.
    We had set your profile to approx 6Mb as line appeared to be able to handle this, it may be necessary to lower this..
    Can I also ask that you have a look at this link to ensure no unnecessary pgms running in background or that there is no spyware affecting speeds.
    Will update you as soon as support have tested this.
    Tony

Advertisement