Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conversion of GPA to percentage

Options
  • 31-10-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

In my course we only get marked by grade, no percentage. But for MA applications in England and the like they talk about having a 67 or 70 average. I imagine that's around a B+/A- (3.6/3.8), but does anyone know how to convert it exactly? So say if I had a 3.67 GPA, what would that be as a percentage?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kkumk

Oh thank you! But what do they mean by calculation point?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

kkumk wrote: »

No problem! I think it's for when you are given a grade, not a percentage - the calculation point is the percentage you get assigned to that grade!

For example, if I do a continuous assessment assignment, and get an 'A-' for it, and it is worth 20%, that percentage will be calculated as (0.20)(71.67) = 14.33% for that portion of marks (out of 20%).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Rosita

kkumk wrote: »

For example, a 'C' grade in an assignment/exam is awarded to anyone falling in a range between 60% and 63.32%. But all such assigments will actually receive a mark of 61.67% (the calculation point).

Advertisement