Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BBQ connector question

Options
  • 31-10-2011 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭

Aologies if this in the wrong forum but I was wondering if any experienced BBQers might be able to help me. I was given a BBQ recently and it all seems fine except I'm not sure about the connection to the side burner. Am I right in thinking that there is a piece of hose missing in the pictures below?

open?id=0B65tFE3rnJDhY2ZlYmQwZTktMmY3ZC00NWI3LWEyMjYtODVmMmFjMGFhZGY2

Pic 1

open?id=0B65tFE3rnJDhNjUzODdhMjMtMTBjZi00MTY3LWEwYjgtZDQyMzUxZGI0YTQz

Pic 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

It seems ok as it is, the brass thingy is where the gas is injected into the burner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

aujopimur wrote: »
    It seems ok as it is, the brass thingy is where the gas is injected into the burner.

Will the gas not just escape around the brass thing as there's no airtight seal into the burner? (I've very little experience with gas bbqs :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

mordeith wrote: »
    Will the gas not just escape around the brass thing as there's no airtight seal into the burner? (I've very little experience with gas bbqs :o
    Air is drawn into the burner with the gas through this pipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,419 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

The gas comes out at a decent pressure, so its literally just shot into the metal burner. It only ignites where it leaves the burner.

Mine has 4 burners and they are all like that

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Thanks for the advice guys :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement