Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What's the current set up in the LOI First Division Paul?

Mount Merrion, Cherry Orchard, Crumlin United and Rockmount are in a 13 team division in October 2014 in my game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Those teams aren't in the first division so it seems they can be promoted.

Salvaged my season and finished second so that's another season in the EURO cup. :D

Brilliant season on and off the pitch for Waterford United!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What's the current set up in the LOI First Division Paul?

Mount Merrion, Cherry Orchard, Crumlin United and Rockmount are in a 13 team division in October 2014 in my game.

Ok cool that means teams are getting promoted then. Cheers for that! May start a second season game and wait for a team from the lower league to go up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Paul take a look on FM base or similar sites, there might be extra Irish leagues to download. I've seen extra leagues made available to play on those sites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,757 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

flyswatter wrote: »
    Paul take a look on FM base or similar sites, there might be extra Irish leagues to download. I've seen extra leagues made available to play on those sites.

Yeah mate I looked on FM base but couldnt seem to find owt. Wasnt sure where else to look

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've never seen a lower league done for Ireland. England and the likes got them alright but I don't think anyone has done Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

Is the LOI in Football Manager 2012 accurate? After seeing some stories here, I'm thinking of starting a long-term game with an Irish team, although my knowledge of Irish football is embarrassing :o

Owen_S wrote: »
    Is the LOI in Football Manager 2012 accurate? After seeing some stories here, I'm thinking of starting a long-term game with an Irish team, although my knowledge of Irish football is embarrassing :o

Not compared to this season :pac:

I did three or four years in Ireland before and it seems fine. Only problem I had was Internationals clashing with league games so you could be missing some players after a few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

How do ye all manage to do so well with LoI teams?
    I am going to start a game with Sligo Rovers in the next few days and any time I start with a LoI team I do very poorly.

• Advertisement

kippy wrote: »
    How do ye all manage to do so well with LoI teams?
    I am going to start a game with Sligo Rovers in the next few days and any time I start with a LoI team I do very poorly.

Straight into free transfers. More often than not they will be better than a lot of your squad. Same goes for any lower league. Move all your transfer funds to wage budget and stick with freebies. Try get loans in and a good parent team if you can. You'll almost definitely have to be losing money but you'll make it back over time.

A good formation also helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Won the premier league having been behind city and united all season. Came down to final day of the season and just look at the table below!!

Cant quite believe it!

83title.jpg

Beat Real Madrid 3-0 in Champs League - delighted!

Also won FA Cup

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Nice, what seasonare you in?
    Also 85 goals,someone must be bangin em in for ya

Season 2018. Carlos Fierro is banging them - he is a great player

Got this guy on a free. Bargain!

599724_10151923803810307_829771553_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

Mc Love wrote: »
    Season 2018. Carlos Fierro is banging them - he is a great player

tight at the top!

never seen 3 teams fin joint top with equal points

I am making a killing in getting quality players for free from agent offers. Mainly Danish, Slovakian and Croatian youngsters.

I'm beginning to love agents!

WilcoOut wrote: »
    tight at the top!

never seen 3 teams fin joint top with equal points

It was a particularly tough season, because I was trying out a new tactic 4-2-1-3

Man city were the team to beat and utd were much the same. Cant believe I had won it on the last day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭WilcoOut

any chance of a pic of that tactic?

its the latest one from the god of tactics Mr Hough over on the si forums

• Advertisement

End of season 2019 and what a season although it could have been much better as my team lost their way for the last 8 games of the season, only winning one game from 8!

Started off 1-1 win on penalties over Man utd in the Community Shield

Played Juventus in the European Super Cup beating 2-1 after extra time.

Won the Club World Championship beating Chivas 1-0 in the final

Won the League Cup beating Southampton 4-0 in the final

Then came my first loss in 32 game unbeaten run losing 3-2 to Chelsea in the league which started my poor run of form. From here I lost to Juventus (acting revenge for the Super Cup) 4-3 on aggregate in the Champions League Semi Final. The I lost to Tottenham 2-1 in the FA Cup but all was not lost as we were crowned Premier League Champions for the third year in a row. Compared with last season City and United were well off the pace as you can see below:
    EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages.png

And my star player once again, Carlos Fierro broke records all around him for man of the match/goalscorer at the club and in the league:
    CarlosFierroOverview_Profile.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭elefant

How's he scoring so many goals? Looks very average!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

elefant wrote: »
    How's he scoring so many goals? Looks very average!

His form isn't that hot either.

He is a goal machine! or maybe its the tactic?

My Waterford United team are the Everton of FM. I always get off to a terrible start.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    My Waterford United team are the Everton of FM. I always get off to a terrible start.

How about a terrible ending!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

It's the end of the 2022/23 season and Crawley Town have finally won the Premiership for the first time. But wait, there's more! We also took home the Champion's League Trophy after beating Barcelona 1 - 0 in the final. Chuffed to bits.

A lot of thanks go to this man:

bastinvalenzuelaovervie.png

I'm clawing my way back up the table. Had two players say they were concerned but they seem satisfied again.

My top scorer is my centre back! He has 10 goals and 1 assist in 19 games. He has 16 in heading and 15 in jumping so he's a beast at scoring from set pieces. He must be one of very few CB's to have a hatrick to his name...

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭gigawatt2007

tvercetti wrote: »
    I would imagine a team like this would clean up after a bit of development but I'm sure you could go cheaper. I think only the Shakhtar boys would be over £6 million and they wouold still be under £10 million I think. I have never bought the Ajax guys at the start of a game so unsure what they would cost, never cost be much after a season or two. Not sure what keeper.

Vrsaljko___Alderweireld____Vertonghen___????????????

_______________________Kara______________________

________________Badelj______Willian_________________

dos Santos_____________________________Douglas Costa

___________________Carlos Fierro____________________

Marco Capuano is a great option at LB. cost me €1 Mil and is averaging about 7.2 playing as ManU

• Advertisement

Just won League Cup (2 in a row), Premier League (4 in a row) and Champions League (twice in 3 years) and board have said they are building new stadium "named after one of Blackburns heroes Dalglish" I mean WTF??? Looks like I might be getting FMRTE. Any suggestions? New Ewood/Jack Walker Arena/The Walker Stadium/Nuttall Park/Mill Hill Stadium?

Best season yet in the premier league beating the points scored and goals scored in a season

EnglishPremierDivisionOverview_Stages-2.png

and my best player again Carlos Fierro

CarlosFierroOverview_Profile-3.png

EDIT: Forgot to add that I have won Manager of the year for the 6th year in a row

Advertisement