Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Mc Love wrote: »

Playing Chelsea in the Semi final!

GO ON MY SON

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Chavways wrote: »
    GO ON MY SON

First leg not so good. Top goalkeeping kept us out and it finished 4-2 to Chelsea at Jackman Park :(

Trouble.png

Its not looking good. Bought some unreal youngsters but none of them are performing. Morale is abysmal and the tough games keep coming. Liverpool, Tottenham,Newcastle and Chelsea all in the first few matches.

Can take a few matches to turn mood around!

Drew 0-0 at Stamford Bridge to leave it at 4-2 to Chelsea. Was a good run anyway!

Chelsea have offered me the position of manager but I am continuing with my challenge. Set up a challenge with my mates online that you have to win Champions League with Limerick.

Going to accept Chelsea job, save it and might go back to it after my challenge :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

My biggest win of the season thus far, and for me it couldnt have happened to a nicer team! :D

CQyP0.jpg

Seriously considering resigning from Dag and Red. We are 19th and its December. We only have 6 points from 14 games. The board still say they are delighted with me but I know we have no chance of staying up.

I think the time has come to move to greener pastures.

Really mixed emotions here.

Looking at positions only: GET THE FUCK IN!!! :D
    Looking at points aswell: BASTARDS!!! :mad:

KXNzc.jpg

Six poxy goals cost me Champions League football on my first attempt :(

VGXSX.jpg

I regret signing Romario as he was hardly used. Everyone else got quite a bit of game time. Miyachi and Pogba got used less as the season went on as both Arsenal and United rejected my offers to buy. Sigurdsson was expensive but worth the money. Nestor took a while to make his way into the team but managed to become a rotation option with Ferdinand. Paloschi likewise took a while to settle but once he did, he was scoring for fun. 23 goals and 9 assists, a bargain at £4m. Rochina (8 and 3) and Mido (9 and 4) likewise. But, Leandro Gioda was the bargain of the century. A beast in defence and even chipped in with 7 goals himself. Only downside is his age at 27. A few years younger and he'd have been perfect.

AWmbP.jpg

A nice eight match winning streak to end the season was great. I was very worried about those last three but they turned out rather nicely. :D

So I quit Dag and Red and went on holiday until May. Got a few job offers but nothing I realy wanted. Then I went on holiday for a further week. When I came back I was manager of Limerick without even applying for the position:confused:. Don't know how it happened but I was considering being Limerick anyway so I'll plough on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

So I quit Dag and Red and went on holiday until May. Got a few job offers but nothing I realy wanted. Then I went on holiday for a further week. When I came back I was manager of Limerick without even applying for the position:confused:. Don't know how it happened but I was considering being Limerick anyway so I'll plough on.

Pretty sure there's an option to "accept all job offers". That could be it.

I fear I'm facing a similar fate to your's in the Premier League with Torquay, which has me seriously considering Inter's offer.

• Advertisement

Best of luck - what year/where are Limerick?

Best of luck - what year/where are Limerick?

They were 10th in the Premier Division when I got a hold of them and we are still there after 3 games.The squad is desperate so I'm trying to get some good free agents.

Its still a part time club aswell even though we have a good bit of money.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,924 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Lost to City :(

Drew with PSG to pick up my first point in this CL campaign.

Just got this in my inbox. I think it only takes the league run into account.

422594_10152119146020307_600819148_n.jpg

Lost to Rovers right after that. Had a feeling it was coming. Just too many games coming together!

Made it into the Group Stages of the CL again with Inter, Sevilla & Red Star (I was seeded 3rd :) )

Wining the league now gets you to the third qualifying round as opposed to the 2nd round, which will help! 2nd place gets you into the best placed 3rd qualifying round

Made it into the Group Stages of the CL again with Inter, Sevilla & Red Star (I was seeded 3rd :) )

Wining the league now gets you to the third qualifying round as opposed to the 2nd round, which will help! 2nd place gets you into the best placed 3rd qualifying round

Red Star have been my whipping boys. It'd be great if you drew with one of the big boys and then beat RSB twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Cock.

Got through the 2nd and 3rd qualifying rounds of Europa League with St Pat's, drew Ajax in 4th round... Better practice the defend like crazy tactics :)

At least I avoided Man United, who are there as a result of finishing 5th in the Premier League last season (it's currently August 2013)

Get in!!!

93686325.png

Had 5 games in 11 days, had to throw a youth team out for a cup game and league game (drew the cup, lost in the league) but boy was it worth it. And received a million for qualifying for the group stages :D

Drew Valencia, Udinese & AaB in the group stages, thinking I'll be able to grab at least a point somewhere...

dulpit wrote: »
    Get in!!!

93686325.png

Had 5 games in 11 days, had to throw a youth team out for a cup game and league game (drew the cup, lost in the league) but boy was it worth it. And received a million for qualifying for the group stages :D

You get 7.1 for getting to the CL group stages - stadium is getting expanded and youth facilities updated. My training facilities are 4 if not 5 if I am mistaken, thats pretty good for a LOI club

• Advertisement

You get 7.1 for getting to the CL group stages - stadium is getting expanded and youth facilities updated. My training facilities are 4 if not 5 if I am mistaken, thats pretty good for a LOI club

Nice, will have to win the league so. Although with the fixture backlog, could get pretty awkward. I already have 4 (or maybe 5) games in hand, I have the league cup final, the replay of cup game and also the 6 group matches to worry about too. I foresee a shambles at the end of season with games every 2 days...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Real Madrid over €45m for Chico, who has now racked 34 goals in 24 games.

Could not find " Eat a dick" response

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

finished second in my 2nd season as benfica boss on head to head results. led the kleague all season then in my second last game lost 0-4 to porto at home after getting a man sent off in the 7th and 60th minutes. disaster. Bolton then knocked me out of the europa league semis at home as well 4 days later, after I won 2-1 away.
    Mightily pissed off, then at the end of the season Man U offered me a job. Still seething after the match in the real world yesterday, ive decided to take the job with the intention of destroying the club. Bought some 25yo nobody from Airbus UK for 60million and given him a 5 year contract of 150,000 a week and a 50% wage increase every year. sold my star forward (Value 30.5million) to chelsea for 1k, and let a host of other stars go for similar amounts. Also signing up the crappest looking youth players on massive contracts as well.
    Also, offered johnny evans the assistant manager job on a 5 years contract of 80000 a week, and immediately released him once he accepted - cue an 18million payout! Doing the same thing with my other coaches and scouts. Once the season starts up, im looking to try out my new revolutionary 0-2-2-2-2-3, where everyone plays out wide and the keeper plays up front. Hopefully i'll last til xmas!

I'm so deliciously petty...

retalivity wrote: »
    finished second in my 2nd season as benfica boss on head to head results. led the kleague all season then in my second last game lost 0-4 to porto at home after getting a man sent off in the 7th and 60th minutes. disaster. Bolton then knocked me out of the europa league semis at home as well 4 days later, after I won 2-1 away.
    Mightily pissed off, then at the end of the season Man U offered me a job. Still seething after the match in the real world yesterday, ive decided to take the job with the intention of destroying the club. Bought some 25yo nobody from Airbus UK for 60million and given him a 5 year contract of 150,000 a week and a 50% wage increase every year. sold my star forward (Value 30.5million) to chelsea for 1k, and let a host of other stars go for similar amounts. Also signing up the crappest looking youth players on massive contracts as well.
    Also, offered johnny evans the assistant manager job on a 5 years contract of 80000 a week, and immediately released him once he accepted - cue an 18million payout! Doing the same thing with my other coaches and scouts. Once the season starts up, im looking to try out my new revolutionary 0-2-2-2-2-3, where everyone plays out wide and the keeper plays up front. Hopefully i'll last til xmas!

I'm so deliciously petty...

Petty is the word alright :pac:

I'm surprised that the board allowed you make those deals without overruling you...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

i tried releasing a few people on frees with mutual termination but the board blocked it...have had no problems yet letting them go for a pittance though. The club has gone from a 17million debt to 80 million debt in my first week, and its still only the middle of june...

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Red Star have been my whipping boys. It'd be great if you drew with one of the big boys and then beat RSB twice.

You might give me a lend of that crystal ball - drew 1-1 with Inter and hammered RSB 9-1 away, so far so good!

I said I would take a pic of one of my star players - absolute beasht of a centre forward. Towers above most other players even in the match screen

appiahmatch_zps84bd3be7.jpg

appiahweightheight_zps22bad195.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

As a lot of people injuries are killing me. Drew 0-0 with Serbia, good result to keep them 5 points behind me, although it let Slovakia and Italy get away. Then Estonia up where I needed 3 points. 2-0 down after 20 mins, Lafferty pulls one back, then Estonia go 3-1 up, Lafferty again to the rescue 3-2 then Steven Davis pops up in the 80th to make up 3-3 and that's how it finished so dissapointed with only a point but glad not to have lost really.

Up next is Estonia again and Italy. But Kyle Lafferty my only goal scorer and Shane Ferguson who sets up all his goals are injured. As well as my sub forward. So its going to be a tough defense slog but here's hoping.

Lee Camp my goalkeeper and Paddy McCourt, have pulled out now... That's 4 starters. Great.

Who are ya! :D

q4Fbj.jpg

I have a few players with one year left on their contracts. I don't wanna sell them but they won't even go into negotiations. So I transfer list them and they come crying to me saying they don't wanna leave.

THEN LET ME NEGOTIATE!!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I have a few players with one year left on their contracts. I don't wanna sell them but they won't even go into negotiations. So I transfer list them and they come crying to me saying they don't wanna leave.

THEN LET ME NEGOTIATE!!! :mad:
    I hear you loud and clear - its the agents

Advertisement