Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's January 2025 now so almost 13 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Crazy!!! I am only in 2020 now! So far only Chelsea have offered me a job but i have been linked with plenty of other top clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Great thread lads. Just started reading it this week, finally caught up today. Some excellent stories. Haven't played FM in a long long time. Really looking forward to getting back into it with FM13! Hopefully I will have a few success stories to post here too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Very dissapointing end to the League.

Table.png

But at least we have something to be happy about.

Cup.png

My saviour for the season.Got me out of so many sticky situations.

Jean.png

Just been told I qualified for the Europa Qualifiers by winning the Senior Challenge Cup. Delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Chavways wrote: »
    Very dissapointing end to the League.

Table.png

But at least we have something to be happy about.

Cup.png

My saviour for the season.Got me out of so many sticky situations.

Jean.png

Just been told I qualified for the Europa Qualifiers by winning the Senior Challenge Cup. Delighted.

Why do you only have 33 games in a season??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

dulpit wrote: »
    Why do you only have 33 games in a season??

You play against 11 other teams, 3 times each. There should be 33 league games.

You play against 11 other teams, 3 times each. There should be 33 league games.

I have 44 games in a season though, 2 home and 2 away games against each team :confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Check the rules tab on your league. It is IPD you are in yeah?

Check the rules tab on your league. It is IPD you are in yeah?

Yup... Must check when I go home, but definitely had 44 games last season... :confused:

there are only 33 games :D

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    there are only 33 games :D

I live about 8 minutes from work, I'm spinning home on my lunch break to check this, will report back when I can...

Yeah, should be only 33 games! It annoys me a little coz if you win all 33 games, you only get 99 points. It annoys me you can't get 100!

Hmm...

Here's the final placings from last season:

loilastseason.png

And here's the rules section:

loirules.png

Whoa... first place earns less than 2nd - 9th....

where's the incentive of winning? :pac:

did you apply any custom data patches? Noticed your's had the Airtricity logo, while Chavways didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

hahaha wtf is goin on there?

Whoa... first place earns less than 2nd - 9th....

where's the incentive of winning? :pac:

did you apply any custom data patches? Noticed your's had the Airtricity logo, while Chavways didn't.

Hmm, as we haven't won the league yet, I hadn't noticed that.. And only applied updates to jerseys and logos (no data for leagues/competitions/etc)

I think that happened before to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,245 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Happened in my game as well. I also got like €1m for taking part/winning the Setanta Cup which made no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You must have done an update, or custom database, or even edited it yourself at some point as the league only has 11 teams. That doesnt change by itself.

The prize money is mad too.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    You must have done an update, or custom database, or even edited it yourself at some point as the league only has 11 teams. That doesnt change by itself.

The prize money is mad too.

Random town... It will have to remain as is anyway until i get FM13... :pac:

• Advertisement

I think it might be because of one the earlier upgrades, that is if your game was started then?!?

Through to the semi-finals of the Europa League. Will be playing West Ham. Spurs and Leverkusen are in the other tie.

Wish me luck!

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Through to the semi-finals of the Europa League. Will be playing West Ham. Spurs and Leverkusen are in the other tie.

Wish me luck!

Luck!

I'm out of the running for the league I'd say, I'm 7 points behind Shamrock Rovers with 5 games left. We've played them (Rovers) twice in last 4 league games, beat them twice (woo) which closed gap to 5, then we drew with Bohs while Shamrock Rovers beat Bray 7-0. :o

Also have 2 games against Shamrock Rovers in cup (semi-final, has gone to a replay), which means we'll have played them 4 times in month of October. They've become my nemesis this year, ahead of me in league, knocked me out of League Cup in quarter final and now have to play them away in semi of cup...

So I hammered West Ham 8-2 over the two legs. :D

My left back got himself sent off and my star striker has gone and picked up too many yellow cards. :(

Playing Leverkusen in the final.

Guess what? Shamrock Rovers are still the most reputable club in Ireland for doing SFA!!

I have won the league 6 years in a row!
    Won the senior challenge cup 8 times in a 9 year period
    Won the League Cup 6 times in a 7 year period
    Won the Munster Senior Cup 7 times in a 9 year period!

So friggin annoying

Mc Love wrote: »
    Guess what? Shamrock Rovers are still the most reputable club in Ireland for doing SFA!!

I have won the league 6 years in a row!
    Won the senior challenge cup 8 times in a 9 year period
    Won the League Cup 6 times in a 7 year period
    Won the Munster Senior Cup 7 times in a 9 year period!

So friggin annoying

You gotta perform well in Europe to oust them. Offer high Continental rewards at the beginning of the season.

One of my star midfielders just got injured a couple of days before the final. :(

Doing pretty well in Europe the last few seasons!

What's your stadium and facilities like? I upgraded my facilities and ended up with 3 gold stars for training and I think that helped quite a bit.

Lost 1-0. We had more than enough chances to win it. :(

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Lost 1-0. We had more than enough chances to win it. :(

Unlucky... Next season...

Advertisement