Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Sure you can start a new FM 13 snapshot thread and those of us too emotionally attached to our games can keep updating this thread. It's not a busy forum so it wouldn't be any hassle to have two threads going would it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Id like it to be kept in the one thread personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I really like FM12 so I am staying for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Lost 3-1 at home to Napoli, drew 0-0 away after having a man sent off after 20 minutes so that was a good result. Still, knocked out of Europa League in 3rd Qualifying Round. Back to domestic affairs now, am currently 2 points behind Shamrock Rovers with 2 games in hand :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Right.

Just finished season 2020-2021 with AFC Wimbledon.

Was my first season in the premier league, wage budget £250k a week, transfer budget £5million, after signing a bare bones squad I had so little money left I couldn't even afford to sign loan players for extra cover for fullbacks and wingers and ended up with 1.5 players on loan from crap italian and portuguse teams.

Only real players in my team were Ross Turnbull, Conor Clifford, Kevin Prince Boateng, Matthew Briggs and Kyle Naughton.

Lost first game of the season 6-1, wasn't looking good from there, only had 18 points by xmass.

Rally the troops, get the team talks going, mix up the tactics abit, all the good stuff.

Finished 13th with 45 points.

Hon the Dons!

• Advertisement

I've done the 10 in a row with Waterford! :) I also won the Irish League Cup and the Irish Munster Senior Cup.

I have to play Schalke (1st in group) and Fenerbache (4th) in my CL group stages but I'm currently 2nd and 5 points ahead of 3rd placed Valencia.

I have to play Limerick in the Irish Senior Cup Final.

Gwan Limerick....I jest!!

I beat Limerick 2-1! ;)

Drew A.C Milan in the knock outs. :(

My best player for my Wales squad has retired at the age of 29. :mad:

Had to LOL at the Ireland squad. They've had about 10 players retire all at the same time! :pac:

I've moved into my 16,000+ seater stadium which has been named after me. Although in the Boardroom it's telling me it won't be complete until 2027? It's January 2026 now.

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've moved into my 16,000+ seater stadium which has been named after me. Although in the Boardroom it's telling me it won't be complete until 2027? It's January 2026 now.

Is it still under construction but ready for use? Maybe last bits of work will be carried out after you've moved in?

That must be it. Hopefully it's the training facilities that will be upgraded. They are currently 3 gold stars.

I just realised a striker a used for Cup matches, the odd League game and European games scored 30 goals in 26 appearances!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

I'm thinking of starting my Limerick game from scratch. I want some real players in my game.Its full of regens and this stage and its only 2020.

Edit: Started a new game.

Preseason.png

Not bad for a first preseason match :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Chavways wrote: »
    I'm thinking of starting my Limerick game from scratch. I want some real players in my game.Its full of regens and this stage and its only 2020.

Edit: Started a new game.

Preseason.png

Not bad for a first preseason match :D.

Quality. Counago is fantastic in FM12!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Hadnt played in a few weeks but played today and ended up with this in the Europa League 2012/13:

cH573.jpg

:D

First competitive game of the new season was against A.C Milan in CL knockout. Held them to a 0-0 at Kelly stadium. It was a sell-out! :D Generated €725,000!

Hammered Milan 2-4! The draw for the qf hasn't been announced yet.

Good result there - keep it up and win the bloody thing!

Lost the first leg to FC Porto 2-3. Hoping I can pull out a wonder performance in Portugal. The next round would see me play either Barcelona or Roma.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Can't say I wasn't jumping up and down in my seat during this.

I'm going to cry.png

Just beat Galway 8-5. My biggest score ever I believe.

• Advertisement

Finally won a competition, the 2015 League Cup, 2-0 over Sligo Rovers. Looks like the start of good things for us as well, we're in the semi-final of the FAI Cup, and are top of the league, 3 points clear of Shamrock Rovers with 12 games to go. And they're in the group stages of Europe so will have a mad fixture pile-up to contend with...

Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Not on a par with some of the achievements posted in here but I'm pretty pleased with myself.

1st time ever playing any of the FM series (played a lot of CM2 back in the day, christ that must be 15 years ago #feeloldnow)

Anyway, 1st game save, 1st team (AFC Wimbeldon), 1st Season- finished top of Npower 2 with 101 points. Also won the Johnstone Trophy thing (or whatever its called).

Much thanks to the player recommendation thread on here. Jamil Adam is a monster. My signing of the season was definetly Fabian Delph from my parent club (AV) in January. Couldnt believe it when he sign on loan for a team in the 4th Tier but he did and I practically walked the league after that.

Got beaten 0-3 so just the league and domestic cups to concentrate on now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    Going to find it very hard to make the switch over to FM13 now. I would like to win the CL and our new stadium will be ready in 11 months time.

...and I win the Champions League the following season! It has been a long time since I won it iirc. Maybe FM09!

Also won the league, so it was a double

My teams average age is only 22. Hummels at 32 is my oldest player, second oldest is only 25. I can dominate for the next few years or I can make the switch to 13 now..decisions decisions..

Man City just offered me €33m for my Chinese regen Zhang Shuai. He had 4 goals and 29 assists in 41 games last season, and at only 20 he still has more developing to do so I might reject it..I have 3 world class CMs so losing him wouldn't be as bad if I decide to accept it. It would be a huge profit as I only paid €500k to sign him from the Shandong Youths.

I love this game so much :D

What year are you in Oatsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Mars Bar wrote: »
    What year are you in Oatsey?

July 6th, 2021 :)

Made it on to the rich list. I am in 50th position with 74 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just got Finn Harps into the group stages of the Champions League in my first attempt, absolutely delighted :D got Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Liverpool. Will try and put up pics tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Just got Finn Harps into the group stages of the Champions League in my first attempt, absolutely delighted :D got Marseille, CSKA Moscow and Liverpool. Will try and put up pics tomorrow if I can figure out how to do it.

harps champs league.jpg

bate harps.jpg

My Champions League group and one of my best wins in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Im enjoying getting back to my modest managerial career :D. Dundalk are overachieving at the moment and Northern Ireland are struggling along with not much change in the slightest. Really want the Wales job though but not quitting and starting again to do it so just wait and hope :D.

Great reading the stuff here, congrats to Mc Love and Mars, Knew you had it in you anyway Mary :D

Advertisement