Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Just entered the awkward patch of my season. Lost to Cork City, which meant I was level on points with Shamrock Rovers with 7 games to go, but I have a way better goal difference. Next game was against Shels in the cup semi-final, drew that. Next game was Shels (again) in the league, lost 3-1 so am now 3 points behind Shamrock Rovers with 6 games to go. Not sure if I play them again or not.

I did get revenge on Shels, played them for 3rd match in row in cup reply, beat them 5-0 away :) Did lost my best striker to injury (4-5 weeks) and am now down both best strikers :(

Not the best of run-ins for the league, but the treble is still on!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I hit a rough patch there too.

Lost 2-0 away to Swansea, then 3-1 away to Arsenal, then 1-0 at home to United, then 2-1 (due to a 95th minute winner!) away in the Europa League against Villarreal. Called a team meeting before the return leg. Won 3-1 to go on to the second KO round where CSKA Moscow await, then back to the league and I hammered Fulham 5-0 at home.

Should have done that meeting earlier! :pac:

1 point ahead of Shamrock Rovers. 1 game left. Against Shamrock Rovers. Away. Gulp.

Fingers and toes crossed please.

Shamrock Rovers 1:2 St. Patrick's Athletic

Won the league by 4 points, chuffed to bits. Next up is the cup final, also against Shamrock Rovers. We're going for the treble, come on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Lost by a humiliating 6-0 to Bayern in the Super Cup - they were outstanding and fully deserved it. Dont know how we won the CL as the team hadnt changed much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Started a new game with Limerick.Got promoted pretty easily in my first season but to say my experience in the Premier Division has been a disaster would be an understatement.

The team cannot win. We have 20 points from 23 games. Got a couple of good new players and kept around 2/3 of my squad from last year.Almsot every game we play we completely dominate the opposition but can't score.They get one or 2 chances and score.Its always some 38 year old defensive midfielder aswell who just happens to score for the first time ever against me.

I've tried switching tactics and formations,different players in different roles but nothing works.I have a very low reputation so I can't attract any real talent. Realy starting to lose my cool with the game now. Dominic Foley couldn't put the ball in the net from 4 yards out if his life depended on it. A massive clearout is needed if I stay up this season. Have the butcher the whole team.AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/needed to get that off my chest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Just think how satisfying it will be when you start to turn things around!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Question for all of the guys managing league of Ireland teams, how much does/can the league grow?

I'm in 2017 with Shamrock Rovers, Champions League group stages every year and clean up domestically, have the leagues co-efficients up to 20th in Europe at the moment, but everyone in the league is just so far behind? Even when they are seeded in the Europa League qualifiers and get an easy draw, they somehow lose. No teams have turned professional yet apart from the ones who already were. Even my own club reputation has seemed to have peaked, at one point the club had a rep of 2.5 stars, but it is back down to 2 now despite me winning the treble 2 years running and getting to the CL group stages every year.

Just asking this because if the league will never grow then I might as well stop playing now, very frustrating when it's other clubs that seem to be holding you back!

2022 now and having won the CL my rep is at 2.5 stars but it isnt end of the season yet. Shamrock are in the group stages too but remain on 2 stars. Havent checked the league status but I believe its on 3 stars now, ahead of the championship!

The leagues can grow all the way to 5 stars, it would just take a hell of a long time. I seen a Northern Ireland one before that was getting nearly the same European places as England, thats how much it had grown. You need to pretty much win the Champions League every year for it to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,254 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

In my 4th season as tirsense in the portuguese second league. Start of seasons expectation was 16th and bottom, here's how its looking in february.
    dLryg.png
    Im still one of only 2 teams in the league who are semi-professional, and the option to talk about it with the board is not even available. If i do go up, i'm sure i will have to go pro.
    picked up a young brazilian winger at the start of the season on a free, hes been banging them in, and with 11 in 18 is my top scorer.

....and ive just beaten second place Naval 4-0 to go 10 points clear, and extend my unbeaten run to 12. happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,868 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

It's June 2026 and the UEFA club rankings are out. Waterford moved up 24 places! :D I can now almost see 1st from down here!

150552_10152227255950307_1265159706_n.jpg

First game of new season as champions against Shamrock Rovers, 1-1 draw. Pretty crappy off-season though, lost my 2 best players (defender and striker) as their contracts expired. And then sold a ML for 450K, and my captain was sold (without my consent) for 1million. So I've lost the guts off my championship winning team, no decent replacements yet.

I expect to struggle :(

I've made it onto the rich list! Waterford United is now the 79th richest club in the world! :D

Got a job offer from Real Madrid. Budget of 494 million! :eek:

Turned it down. I want to win the CL with Waterford at least once!

Well done MB - you will do it!

i eventually went up with tirsense in 2nd place on goal difference, despite playing dump for the last 6-7 games of the season.

Now the club have decided to spend 1.3 million upgrading youth facilities, and im still semi-pro. typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Started a game with Barrow Town of the East Midlands Counties Football League (Tier 10) hoping to take them all the way to the Football League! Signed a loada young amateurs and mixed them in with a bit of experience. It's the beginning of December and I've 43 points from 16 games in the league, in the first round proper of the FA Vase.

My best achievements so far have been in the FA Cup. I've just had the First Round draw where I'm facing Sheffield United at home (7 tiers above me). I've already knocked out Kettering Town, Hampton and Richmond, and most recently Newport County to get this far, three teams 5 tiers above me in the English league system! I got this fella David Lee, who crocked himself a few days ago for about 2 months, but as you can see from his stats below, he's proving to be an absolute boss!

I sold my best midfielder (I got on a free) for 5mil up front and 2 mil over 24 months. Fans were annoyed but I have an ever better (stat wise!) player lined up to replace him. I got him for free also!

A second of my foreign players is after getting his first cap for the Ireland squad after residing in Ireland for so long. Welcome, Ali Alioui!

• Advertisement

So it's squeaky bum time for Crawley Town at the end of the 26/27 season. Having already bagged the League Cup, we're still on target for the Quadruple.

Man United were bought at the beginning of the season, with the new owners promising to stop at nothing to bring the club back to the top. The turnaround was immediate and with 36 games played we're sitting one point behind them in the league.

We also have to contend with an FA Cup final against West Ham, and of course the Champions League final against Real Madrid.

May shall be an interesting month. If we play our cards right, we could make history.

Edit: Thumped West Ham 3-0 in the FA Cup final, giving us two cups so far for the season.

However, I managed to only draw at Anfield in the second last league game of the season. That leaves me 3 points adrift of United with one game to go against... that's right, United! If we beat them, we will win the league on goal difference.

Good luck Maximus Alexander!!!

Agh, my next best midfielder just tore his calf muscle. Last time that happened to one of my players, his stats plummeted and was good for nothing. :(

The dream is over :(

2rxv3fr.jpg

Currently 7th so probably wont even be in Europe next season either.

Second season finished at QPR:

7th in the League, four points behind 5th where I finished last season.
    Semi finals of the Europa League.
    Sixth Round of the FA Cup.
    Third Round of the Carling Cup.

Only award coming my way was the Young Player of the Year to Paloschi.

Kagawa's contract is up at the end of the season but he refuses to even talk to me. Got a bid accepted for Cazorla in January but likewise he refused to even talk.

Hoping for better luck next season.

Well the league ended with great success as we beat United 2-0 to win our third back to back title on goal difference.

2627.png

Unfortunately the Quadruple was a bridge too far as we drew 2-2 with Real Madrid and went on to lose 4-3 in a devastating penalty shoot-out where my heroic goal keeper made three saves, but the lads were unable to finish their dinner.

Ah well, there's always next season.

Over the summer I've been gifted a stadium expansion and a youth facilities upgrade. Youth Recruitment and Junior Coaching are now at maximum level, so hopefully we'll start producing some decent talent.

Amazing what a good run in Europe will do!

zthyfs.jpg

Kagawa wouldnt even talk to me in January but turned down Juve to join QPR in the summer. Smashing my wage budget probably helped :pac:

In a year Arsenal went from wanting £60m for Wilshere to just under £25m. Delighted with my dealings, if only I could get rid of some dead weight to balance out the wage bill.

Ayew has been banging them in in preseason, including two against Scottish champions Rangers.

Won the IPD again scoring 122 goals and only conceding 10. Only drew one game so I finished on 97 points.

My stadium construction will finish in june 2027, currently it's december 2026. The board have decided to add another 8,000 seats to the 16,000 that already exist! It's gonna cost 11 million.

My best striker is out for 4 months with a torn calf muscle. :mad: That injury keeps coming to bite me in the arse.

• Advertisement

I took a break from my St. Pat's team as I was getting angry - my team that won the league were all approaching the end of their contracts and wanted away so I had to sell a bunch of them, so looks like we'll not be in contention come the end of the season.

I decided to start a new game in lower leagues of England, but I missed my players from St. Pat's, so am going to go back to it now... :o

Advertisement