Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,921 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Waterford United's club rep went up half a star so now it's 2 and a half stars. Half a star better than Shamrock Rovers!

Drew Manchester United in the knockout rounds of the Champions League.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Squeaky bum time!

28stqxc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Still enjoying my Dundalk game. Halfway through the season as I haven't had much time to play it lately. Just beat Drogheda 1-0 with a goal by Marc Griffiths (Who else!) in the 90th minute which was nice. 4th in the league which is a lot higher than I or the board expected.

Shamrock Rovers and Sligo Rovers are basically away in a league of their own. But a 3rd place finish and Europe I would be a very happy man. But that's all ahead of myself still a long way to go. Injuries piling up now so it will be interesting if I can even field a team as its not the biggest team in the world. But sure that is where I earn my wage :D. Keep getting called a tinkerer in the media as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

If we lost this there, I would have never played again.

Cork.png

Also, is there any chance of me getting a work permit for this guy?

Eto'o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

End of season with the mighty Barrow Town! Had 14 players signed out of my team over the course of around a month between Christmas and the start of March which basically destroyed my side! Tried bringing in new faces, who did a job, but weren't as good as the other players! Just after Christmas I played Sheffield United at home and lost 2-1, Richard Cresswell scoring both goals for the Blades. I was knocked out of the FA Vase 3-2 away to Newcastle Benfield (I was actually 2-1 up).

As regards the league, I was never going to keep up the same form I had but I went 22 games unbeaten (winning 10 in a row) at one stage. And I ended up finishing 22 points ahead of second place with the top goalscorer and player of the year Monday Awoymoi bagging 25 goals in 27 games. Won manager of the year.

Next season we'll be plying our trade in the Midland Football Alliance, which, if promoted would see us playing in the Evo-Stick Division 1. Also I've gone to a semi-professional club which hopefully will allow me sign some quality, and hold onto the players I already have!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Just to show what im up against this year...

WmOg4.png

im 5 games in, won 2, drawn one, and lost 2(against Benfica and Porto admittedly). 7th in the league, but been absolutely hockeyed in every game and the fact ive gotten any points at all has been unbelievable.
    gonna see how i am at xmas but new recruits are needed and all the pricks who wont sign new contracts (i.e my entire starting eleven) are going to get moved on for a tidy profit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

My game has taken a backseat - bought NFS:MW during the week and its really good!

The Irish Special One :pac:

2e0ppvq.jpg

5yxjbo.jpg

Even if it was mostly because of this guy:

2vl5q11.jpg

£10m well spent :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭roosterman71

What tactics do ya use to get a striker to score 78 frickin goals???

• Registered Users Posts: 11,062 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

What tactics do ya use to get a striker to score 78 frickin goals???

This.

My St. Pat's game isn't going well. We're 4th in table, have lost a bunch of players (board sold my captain, and then agreed to sell my rock of midfield, luckily he didn't agree terms). 2 of my best players are attracting bids regularly, my midfielder Johnny Gorman has bids of about 400K, he's averaging ~8 rating in games and my Brazilian defender Victor has had bids of 1.4 million turned down. I need him, but fear that someone will force the board's hands.

In the Champions League, got through to the 3rd qualifying round, lost there. Into the 4th qualifying round for Europa, was hoping for an easy game to try and get back into groups, ended up drawing Real Madrid :pac: Lost 2-1 at home to them (in front of 3,000 fans, it's the most I can seat). Not too bad, don't expect a result in Spain though...

• Advertisement

4-1-1-2-2.

Sommer

Edwards -- Coates -- Nestor or Gioda -- Traore or Lukaku

Felliani or Barton

Wilshere or Sigurdsson

- Kagawa
    Babel or Taarabt

Paloschi
    Ayew

Last season my two strikers got over 30 a piece. This season they got 12 between them! Ayew isnt one for sharing it seems.

Played in the Club World Championship however I was beaten in the final 3-1 by River! Also new stadium is delayed by three months :(

Real Madrid offered me job with transfer budget of 440 million euro!! Took it but have saved it to go back to. Real Madrid are not having the best of times, but I would imagine, it wouldnt take too long to get back to the top. Not sure if I will go back and play it as I hope to manage Blackburn at some stage. They are currently rooted to the bottom of the championship table with Friedel in charge (he has really good stats) but its not working out.

Played Real Madrid in my Europa League 4th round qualifiers. As I said I lost 2-1 at home.

In Madrid with a tired squad (we had a league game a few days before hand and we're struggling with suspensions & injuries) we took the lead after about 15 minutes. 1-0 all through first half, playing a counter attacking style. In second half we took the game to Madrid and came close to the goal we needed a few times. All for nought in the end, Madrid nicked a goal in the 88th minute so final score was 1-1 and 3-2 on aggregate.

Good results all round in Europe, but league is suffering and we're currently 4th and way out of the title race. :(

anyone ever have long delays in their stadium construction, just got a note now saying it will be August (after it first being Jan, then April) before its ready

Half time against Galway United and my CB has five goals! Left winger has 4 assists so they must have been from corners and my RB has the other assist!

Full time!

61269_10152258959550307_762463976_n.jpg

And I have a tonne of strikers at the club like!

Waterford are now the 23rd best club in Europe. :D

Kelly Park is now completed and is a 24,714 all seater!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

finished my first season in the portuguese premier league in 11th place, not bad for a semi-pro team with 1% of the wage budget of Benfica!

83KMm.png

I aws 5th in February, then my players decided to stop playing and i went on a horrible run up until the end of the season...1 pont from 27 in my final games.

TSjkC.png

Now, with 4.4 million in the bank, another season in the premier league ahead of me, i finally have the option of going pro. The board dont want to however, so i need to remind them that they have a legendary manager in charge and what I want will be done!

pCEBk.png

For those managing in the LOI - what is your salary per annum? Mine is way way ahead of SHamrock rovers. Mine is 13.5 million!!

Mc Love wrote: »
    For those managing in the LOI - what is your salary per annum? Mine is way way ahead of SHamrock rovers. Mine is 13.5 million!!

Mine is only 400k per annum with Limerick but I'm still in 2013.

Came third this season. There was only 2 points between the top 4. I'm into the first round of the Europa Qualifiers so hopefully I an get a bit of cash from that aswell.

• Advertisement

My chairman is accepting offers for all of my good players and they're all **** offers of 500k up front and millions spread over the space of 48 months. :mad:

****e! My chairman doesnt do that anymore, hasnt done it for a good while.

Loving my new stadium 13483 all seater with undersoil heating and good corporate facilities.

****e! My chairman doesnt do that anymore, hasnt done it for a good while.

Loving my new stadium 13483 all seater with undersoil heating and good corporate facilities.

He hasn't done it in ever so I dunno why he is starting now. I could have driven a far better bargain. And now my fans are pissed off!

Man City just approached me with a 101 million Euro transfer budget. I rejected it.

Yeah I think we might have a good chance of winning our second CL title...cant say anything though as I dont want to jinx it

I'm still really jealous that you have won the CL. A win in Europe is the only thing alluding me at the moment!

My St. Pat's game has annoyed me now. I finished my season in 3rd spot in the league, started horribly due to the board selling my captain, my 2 best players not signing contracts (one went to Motherwell or Hibs, the other retired at 26 :eek:) and a general period of rubbishness. Had a great end of season though, but I'm feeling that the LOI has lost it's shine for me, too many runs of having 3/4 games in a week, or having 10 games in hand (or them having a bunch in hand) have wrecked my head.

So I'm thinking I'm going to apply for a job back in England (for those who haven't been reading or can't remember, I started this game as manager of Fulham, who I managed to get relegated in first season). I'm thinking of Championship or League 1 and see if I can sort teams out (it's now November in my game, so it's not too late to turn things around for a team) - what do people think? Where's a good challenge to be had with good rewards?

Edit: Oh and what division in England is comparable to LOI for signing players? Would my St. Pat's players want to come to a League 1 team on the up? Or would it have to be Championship?

I'd say the LOI if you havent improved it somewhat is league two (lower end) Right now in my game - the Premier Division is higher than the championship in my game although its on the same rep!

dulpit wrote: »
    My St. Pat's game has annoyed me now. I finished my season in 3rd spot in the league, started horribly due to the board selling my captain, my 2 best players not signing contracts (one went to Motherwell or Hibs, the other retired at 26 :eek:) and a general period of rubbishness. Had a great end of season though, but I'm feeling that the LOI has lost it's shine for me, too many runs of having 3/4 games in a week, or having 10 games in hand (or them having a bunch in hand) have wrecked my head.

So I'm thinking I'm going to apply for a job back in England (for those who haven't been reading or can't remember, I started this game as manager of Fulham, who I managed to get relegated in first season). I'm thinking of Championship or League 1 and see if I can sort teams out (it's now November in my game, so it's not too late to turn things around for a team) - what do people think? Where's a good challenge to be had with good rewards?

Edit: Oh and what division in England is comparable to LOI for signing players? Would my St. Pat's players want to come to a League 1 team on the up? Or would it have to be Championship?

League 1 is way above LOI.League 2 is even above LOI( In the early years anyway). I can't even sign League 2 players from Dag and Red to Limerick in my game. So yeah, I'd say St. Pats players would jump at the opportunity but only get your very best.

Dag and Red are a good challenge actually. Very poor club in League 2. I got them to the Premiership in 5 seasons only to be relegated again so I left.

I finally did it! Went through the whole season winning every match. Currently on 42 games won in a row

Unbeatable.jpg

• Advertisement

I finally did it! Went through the whole season winning every match. Currently on 42 games won in a row

Unbeatable.jpg

You'd want to shore up that defense a bit. 10 goals in 33 games is unacceptable.;)

Advertisement