Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats and pumpkins!

Options
  • 31-10-2011 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering does anyone know if pumpkins are good for cats or can it be harmful? I was carving a pumpkin (getting into the Halloween spirit!) and my cat grabbed the 'lid' of the pumpkin and hid it. Found it later and he was happily munching away on the fleshy part! He then got at the bowl of goo and had a feast for himself, he had a big orange gob after!
    I didn't find pumpkin on any lists of known poisons to cats, but will it do him any harm or is it safe to give him a bit more? He really loves it!

Attached is a pic of my little man :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

In the food I used to use there was pumpkin in it so it must be safe. Quite good for them I'd say although in that quantity I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an upset tummy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

It's fine and the fibre is good for their insides. It's a bit like them munching on grass occassionaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

No negative effects or upset tummy thankfully :) just a very satisfied cat with an orange face :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hi, I was just wondering does anyone know if pumpkins are good for cats or can it be harmful? I was carving a pumpkin (getting into the Halloween spirit!) and my cat grabbed the 'lid' of the pumpkin and hid it. Found it later and he was happily munching away on the fleshy part! He then got at the bowl of goo and had a feast for himself, he had a big orange gob after!
    I didn't find pumpkin on any lists of known poisons to cats, but will it do him any harm or is it safe to give him a bit more? He really loves it!

Attached is a pic of my little man :)

hahaha what a lovely cat,hes very cross looking :)

Advertisement