Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids want to learn guitar?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Seeing as its coming close to christmas, I was wondering if anyone here has kids, or themselves, that are interested in learning the guitar.
    I'm based in Bracken Drive, in the Old tramore Road area, but can travel depending on location.
    I can do cheap one to one, two hour lessons, in your home, maybe once or twice a week, depending on what you think is best.
    If anyone is interested please reply or PM me.
    I'm a Music Student in WIT, playing guitar for 6 years, and have a great level of theory.
    I'm thinking for the lesson, between 7-12 euro an hour, and anyone who will present me an offer in that area I will gladly settle.
    I can cover a lot in the lessons for beginners, from learning songs, to practicing theory, to developing technique.

Thanks a lot

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Best of luck with it but I think a 2 hour lesson is too long. Kids cant concentrate for any longer than 15mins before their attention wanders!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 JamesOHalloran

Cheers man.

Note, this account was my old account, and the email has had a problem, so either respond to this account, or i can try and have a mod delete this post and let me repost this inder my name.
    Thanks guys

James O'H

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Cheers man.

Note, this account was my old account, and the email has had a problem, so either respond to this account, or i can try and have a mod delete this post and let me repost this inder my name.
    Thanks guys

James O'H

Hey. Not sure what the problem is? Are you unable to login to your old account any more for some reason?

yeah kinda like that, my old hotmail was blocked cos a spambot hijacked it, then i tried to convert it over to my gmail account but i need to into my hotmail to do that.
    When i tried to do that, boards doesnt let me receive or send any PMs

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

yeah kinda like that, my old hotmail was blocked cos a spambot hijacked it, then i tried to convert it over to my gmail account but i need to into my hotmail to do that.
    When i tried to do that, boards doesnt let me receive or send any PMs

You may need to email hello@boards.ie with some verification information and explain the situation, but to be sure, just ask over in Help Desk and say I sent you. They will tell you what needs to be done now :)

• Advertisement

Thanks very much Sully :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭spankadamonkee

dermo909 wrote: »
    Best of luck with it but I think a 2 hour lesson is too long. Kids cant concentrate for any longer than 15mins before their attention wanders!
    Id agree with Dermo on that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpebble

I'm a piano teacher and teach kids and adults of all ages for 45 minute lessons once a week. 2 hours is miles too long. most peoples concentration goes after 40 minutes or so. Even at that, I constantly change the focus of the lesson to keep their interest up. Maybe try a kind of dummy run lesson with a friend who is a total beginner to see how your lessons will be structured etc.? Also, at €7-12 per hour, I think you're seriously underselling yourself. I hope this doesn't come across as preachy or interfering, just some advice. :)

Ok thanks,man.
    Any idea of a price?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rebelpebble

I'd say €20 an hour would be good. Even at that it's prob a bit low. But seeing as your starting off, you could try €15-20 an hour and see how people react. I charge more than that for piano and people generally don't have a problem. It depends in how qualified you are etc. but €15 an hour for a one on one lesson is great value! :)

• Advertisement

Ok, thanks a lot Rebel!!!

Bump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Bump

Ya alright there?

Mind your head

bump

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

3 bumps? 1 more and it will be time to bring in the hi-hats.

Bump

I think nobody has a solution James, so would be best to stop bumping it. :)

:mad:

Advertisement