Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ongar and Mulhuddart - voter turnout

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

Sorry I was probably a little bit vague. It's not that 10% of Ongar voted, it was 10% of the registered electorate that voted.

Only 1 in 10 voted by 6pm Thursday of the people who could actually vote in Ongar. I'm very surprised by it.

The majority of people vote after 6pm though, which the busiest period at polling places between 6pm and 9pm.

I'm not surprised that turnout was low though. Many people had little interest in the referendums and didn't really understand them either, as they were unnecessarily complex and poorly explained by the referendum commission and the government. As for the Presidential election, it's not as if it affects ordinary people's lives much no matter who's in the Aras. And the by-election was just for one seat, so it's not going to draw as many out as a General election would. Shame though.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Conor30

I did one train canvass, the Wednesday morning one before the election at Clonsilla. Great craic and so many people I knew and haven't seen in years.

A busy spot.

Who were you canvassing for, Chuck Norris?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Conor30 wrote: »
    Who were you canvassing for, Chuck Norris?

FF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

January wrote: »
    FF

Report me to the police ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Report me to the police ;)

Sorry :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Funny joke maybe? I was just answering the question asked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

January wrote: »
    Funny joke maybe? I was just answering the question asked!

Relax, of course I am only messing :)

Advertisement