Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Amy Winehouse Album Tracklisting

Options
  • 31-10-2011 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭

http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/60097

Amy Winehouse Lioness: Hidden Treasures' will come out on December 5
    Our Day Will Come'
    'Between The Cheats'
    'Tears Dry'
    'Wake Up Alone'
    'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow'
    'Valerie'
    'Like Smoke'
    'The Girl From Ipanema'
    'Halftime'
    'Best Friends'
    'Body & Soul'
    'A Song For You

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Can'tseeme

Our Day Will Come (reggae version) – a reggae re-working of a classic 60s doo-wop song, produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded May 2002.

Between the Cheats – a new Winehouse song recorded in London in May 2008 for potential inclusion on her third album, produced by Salaam Remi.

Tears Dry – originally written by Winehouse as a ballad, this is the original version she recorded in November 2005 in Miami with Remi. The later uptempo version appears on her second album Back to Black.

Wake Up Alone – the first song recorded for the Back to Black sessions. This is the one-take demo recorded in March 2006 by Paul O'Duffy.

Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow – Winehouse's version of the Carole King-written Shirelles classic. Produced by Mark Ronson and featuring the Dap Kings with string arrangements by Chris Elliott. Recorded in September 2004.

Valerie – an original slower tempo version of the Mark Ronson produced post-Back to Black single. Recorded in December 2006.

Like Smoke – a collaboration with the New York rapper NAS, with whom Winehouse became friends after she namechecked him on Back to Black's Me & Mr Jones. Produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded in May 2008.

The Girl From Ipanema – the first song the 18-year old Winehouse sang when she went to Miami to record with Remi. Remi said that "the way she re-interpreted this bossa nova classic made me realise that I was dealing with a very special talent. Her approach to the song was so young and fresh, it really inspired the rest of our sessions." Recorded in May 2002.

Halftime – recorded in August 2002.

Best Friends – a Frank-era live set opener produced by Salaam Remi. Recorded in February 2003.

Body & Soul – a cover of the 30s jazz standard with Tony Bennett. Recorded at Abbey Road studios in London in March 2011 and produced by Phil Ramone. This is Winehouse's final studio recording.

A Song For You – a version of the Leon Russell classic made famous by Donny Hathaway. Hathaway was Amy's all-time favourite artist and the song was recorded in one take, with Amy and her guitar, at her home in London in the spring of 2009. Produced by Salaam Remi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭Mindkiller

Sounds like a load of old leftovers. But people will buy it in droves, no doubt

edit: All cynicism aside, it seems to be for a good cause at least. '£1 from each copy of the album that is sold will be donated to the Amy Winehouse Foundation, the charity set up in the singer's honour. '

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Heard a couple of tracks today - Our Day Will Come and Like Smoke, the Nas collaboration. Her voice sounds in good shape on the track, Our Day Will Come is quite a good track. I'm excited to hear her cover of A Song For You.

Overall though, it all sounds a bit thrown together. I dunno if it's a fitting tribute to the talent she had. I think it's a bit rushed.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She recorded it while sitting on her bedroom floor with just a guitar and apparently started crying in the middle of it. Was re-done later with touch-ups to make it sound more complete. Really reminds me of Billie Holiday's late recordings - imperfection, but something special about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I find it very hard to believe this is the best they could put together out of everything she had in the vaults,the five years since "Back To Black" gives us 3 songs? one of which is a cover?? they could have released at least one "proper" album of all new material instead of this surely,would have been far more respectful

looks like we have God knows how long of milking the woman dry just like all the other "27 club",its to be expected of course but its so tacky

I find it very hard to believe this is the best they could put together out of everything she had in the vaults,the five years since "Back To Black" gives us 3 songs? one of which is a cover?? they could have released at least one "proper" album of all new material instead of this surely,would have been far more respectful

looks like we have God knows how long of milking the woman dry just like all the other "27 club",its to be expected of course but its so tacky

I think they just threw something together in time for Christmas, rather than meticulously going through everything and trying to fix it all up so it was fit for release. To be honest, I've always found her father somewhat distasteful, even before she died. I've always felt as though he's just been capitalising off her success and celebrity, and I feel like he has completely exploited her in life and death. Who goes on television weeks after the untimely death of their child to give interviews about how grief-stricken they are?

That's beside the point. But, I think that this album is thrown together. Of all the tracks, I like 'Our Day Will Come', 'Halftime' and 'A Song For You'. I even think that something - DVD or CD - on her live performances would have been better. She gave some great live performances over the years, none less her acoustic set on Other Voices at Dingle, that would have made quite a good tribute to her talent, I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Gotta say Im really enjoying it. Stand out track is her duet with Nas.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Table Top Joe

I even think that something - DVD or CD - on her live performances would have been better. She gave some great live performances over the years, none less her acoustic set on Other Voices at Dingle, that would have made quite a good tribute to her talent, I think.

Agreed,a live album would have been far better,even a compilation of live performances......well,basically anything with a bit of thought really,her Dad is on Darcy tomorrow,i dont know what to make of him really,i suppose it speaks volumes about the people around her that they agreed for this to be released,i dont pretend to have known her but i seriously doubt she'd have been happy with this odds and ends kind of album being rushed out before Christmas,its not like we would have all forgotten her by this time next year.....

Anyway,i listened to the album last night,its not bad just not what it could have been(im convinced theres much better material in the vaults)she sounded pissed out of her mind on one track,why release that?? Jesus.....anyway,it all just hammers home the loss

she sounded pissed out of her mind on one track,why release that?? Jesus.....anyway,it all just hammers home the loss

I don't think she's pissed on it, if it's the song I'm thinking of - A Song For You? She recorded it on her guitar, sitting on the floor of her bedroom on a hand held recorder and started crying in the middle of it, that's why it sounds a bit shaky, I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement