Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TT scale

Options
  • 31-10-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭

I'm starting my own layout after years away from the hobby. I will probably go for 00 but I was looking at the TT stuff online and I have to say they look good.
    Space-wise it would be handier, but availability might be a problem.

Any one here got a TT layout?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

irishthump wrote: »
    I'm starting my own layout after years away from the hobby. I will probably go for 00 but I was looking at the TT stuff online and I have to say they look good.
    Space-wise it would be handier, but availability might be a problem.

Any one here got a TT layout?

I had one until a year ago. Gave it away as a present for a family member, not replaced as yet, but will sometime.
    TT's a nice size that doesn't take over the house.

Here is a TT gauge gallery with sets of photos of thousands of different TT layouts:
    http://galerie.tt-bahner.de/index.php
    Should be good for ideas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

If you're considering TT, it would be worthwhile looking at N gauge. A lot more stock readily available in Ireland and the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

Tabnabs wrote: »
    If you're considering TT, it would be worthwhile looking at N gauge. A lot more stock readily available in Ireland and the UK.

To be honest N gauge does'nt do it for me at all. TOO small, TBH.

I'm a very capable modeller, if I do say so myself, but I would'nt enjoy it at that small a scale.

I'm really drawn to "intermediate" size of the TT stock, and there's a huge variety on the likes of Tillig's and Roco's websites. The European loco's look really good. But I don't want to be limited to online purchasing, I like to be able to stroll into a model shop.

Like I said, the sheer volume and availability of OO will probably sway it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

http://www.greenhobbymodel.com/ is the only retailer I've ever seen in Ireland with this scale. You will really struggle to get a bricks and mortar shop stocking it. Hell, it's nigh on impossible to find HO in Ireland and that's the biggest selling scale in the world :(

Advertisement