Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who else is getting weird graphical artifacts

Options
  • 31-10-2011 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Ok, so as of yesterday (30th oct) I've noticed a lot of weird artifacts in game. Im running, a 460GTX 1gbSE, 8gb ram, i5 2500k, and a top end mobo. I know my card is not on its way out, its running fine, not hot at all, plus any other games I don't have graphical artifacts whats so ever.

I've done a bit of reading on other forums and noticed people had the same artifacts I've been having back during the beta, which must of been common at the time. Posts about these artifacts have surged up since yesterday, seems like a lot of other people are having the same issue all of a sudden, again they are always sure its not their card or setup etc being faulty. Most likely source is a problem in the latest nvidia driver (285.62).

I've linked in pics of the artifacts. Its like these lines appear, converging towards the cross hair. Sometimes there will be massive shapes criscrossing the sky, and/or it goes black al together. Seems like the bigger maps bring these artifacts out more. Also I know there is defo bugs that need ironed out, (i.e. the common green, yellow flash most people get periodically) so Im not surprised there are more serious graphical artifacts. Just wondering if anyone else has the same problems.

Seriously, DICE would wanna pull the finger out and fix this ****, like ffs paying all this money, waiting with baited breath for the release and then boom, heres yur half finished game folks enjoy not being able to see **** !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g355/lahcen86/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The only time I've ever seen artifacts like that are when a gpu is about to die or the memory on it overclocked too highly. Underclock a little to see if if goes away, if it does then you need to rma that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

I have a 5870 and i get artifacts the odd time
    I get them far more frequently with 2x5870's crossfire, so ive disabled crossfire until updated drivers come out

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    The only time I've ever seen artifacts like that are when a gpu is about to die or the memory on it overclocked too highly. Underclock a little to see if if goes away, if it does then you need to rma that card.

I don't think so man. My card is very new (I know they an be still broken), but these artifacts only happen on big maps, like caspian, firestorm and karg island. There are too many people reporting th exact same issue as me for all our cards to be on the way out. Also, my card is stock never overclocked it !

Advertisement