Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DLC] Back To Karkand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Well the guy in the second vid clearly never played Battlefield before, he's obviously used to those magical bullets that don't obey physics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Anyone know if the DL on Origin includes the Back To Karkand DLC?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nope its just a patch with bug fixes. Karkand is out in December. No date given yet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

No, I haven't bought BF3 on PC yet and was wondering does buying it on Origin entitle you to the free DLC like the limited edition

I would say so, it will tell you if it's the limited edition or not and what is included(Physical Warfare Pack + Karkand). If it is then yes you will get it when its available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've played about 20 mins of Strike at Karkand at a media event and really enjoyed it. It's Karkand Jim, but not as we know it :) The destructible scenery in particular made the old tried and trusted routes through the map now a little less certain.

Were all of the capture points the same? I heard that the area over the bridge near the train yard was changed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Were all of the capture points the same? I heard that the area over the bridge near the train yard was changed!

I too would like to know this,

if they are the same clustered flags as vanilla BF3 I am selling the game asap

I honestly can't recall for certain - we were playing 16 Player, so it was the smaller map, but I'm pretty sure the cap points were in the same locations as the old BF2 map.

Fair enough. Did they give any indications regards a release date?

• Advertisement

December was all they had for us I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭UsernameInUse

So how is it?!@?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Does RU have an uncap base ? , or is it possible for US to capture everything and secure early victory through teamwork ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Downloading this atm , find it odd theres not much chat about it:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sisko wrote: »
    Downloading this atm , find it odd theres not much chat about it:confused:

The PC master race have not gotten our hands on it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Yeah I just back from a session. Guess it was just a massive patch. Disgraceful altogether. The console peasants just would not be able to appreciate it on the same level. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I wonder if the add on is unlocked like the full game was with a specific time & date? Can we do the proxy trick again and get access half a day early by pretending to be from korea again?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So what do ps3 people think of it so far? I can't wait for tue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Sisko wrote: »
    The console peasants

Well, excuse me for not having the time nor the money nor the inclination to work on keeping a computer up to date for gaming. "Console peasants"? Christ, you're worse than the PS3/360 fanboys.

If there's more people like you on the PC, I can certainly see why so many people play consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

pcgamingmasterrace.jpg

• Advertisement

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Well, excuse me for not having the time nor the money nor the inclination to work on keeping a computer up to date for gaming. "Console peasants"? Christ, you're worse than the PS3/360 fanboys.

If there's more people like you on the PC, I can certainly see why so many people play consoles.

Those presents allways get rattled so easy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BrianOFlanagan

anyone know if the limited edition is still available in the shops?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

anyone know if the limited edition is still available in the shops?

yup bought it on PS3 other day.......sssshhhh tho its a santy pressie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25 KetzerF

So what do ps3 people think of it so far? I can't wait for tue!

Really liking it so far. The 4 maps have a very diiferent feel to the ones shipped (probably as they're from a different game). What is interesting though is that on some of the maps one side will start will all the conquest points captured while the other will have a few extra tickets and have to win them all back.

KetzerF wrote: »
    Really liking it so far. The 4 maps have a very diiferent feel to the ones shipped (probably as they're from a different game). What is interesting though is that on some of the maps one side will start will all the conquest points captured while the other will have a few extra tickets and have to win them all back.
    I believe that is the new gamemode "Conquest Assault". ;)

http://bf3blog.com/conquest-assault/

KetzerF wrote: »

I like that.

Enviroment is more destructible too? Are houses open to walk in though? Or they are just empty shells? Any limitations on how much damage you can do on buildings?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

I just want to blow the building out from under the snipers at the 2nd flag, that place used drive me nuts in bf2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

B2K is unreal to be honest (PS3). Never played the maps before apart from Wake Island on BF1943 so still learning them.

Gulf of Oman, Sharqi and Karkand are amazing in any game mood, Conq Assault, Rush etc but while Wake Island is very good on Rush it is too big for Conq with only 24 players.

I find Conq Assault goes too fast with games lasting as little as 8-10 minutes and even Rush can be over in less than 20. Wish you could higher ticket games because even at 12 v 12 it can be quite chaotic.

1 MAJOR flaw in the game is the unlocking of the Noob-gun to be all Noob-guns, the Famas. Be prepared to be killed every third time by it. Its is completed OP. I used it myself and finished 18-3, just can't be touched by it (and that was with iron sights, say it is even better with red-dot)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Well it'll be a change from being shot by the f2000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Is this out tomorrow (midnight night :D)?

Advertisement