Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DLC] Back To Karkand

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tomorrow morning as far as I'm aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

Enderman wrote: »
    Tomorrow morning as far as I'm aware.

Is the environment more destructible than the shipped maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

noobacus wrote: »
    Is the environment more destructible than the shipped maps?

Why do people keep asking that???

Where on earth are people getting the idea that somehow new maps will change the game engine:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Why do people keep asking that???

Where on earth are people getting the idea that somehow new maps will change the game engine:rolleyes:

BattleLog wrote:
    The enhanced destruction in this expansion pack lets you turn entire maps into rubble

lol

That's just marketing tripe that has been up for a long time. The destruction will e the same as the current maps. Hence the line:
    you’ll be surprised to see how your old strategies and camping spots are not very secure anymore due to the enhanced destruction that Frostbite™ 2 brings. The enhanced destruction in this expansion pack lets you turn entire maps into rubble. Chip away at cover, blow holes in walls, and bring down building façades on enemies.

Its just re-hashing what was said about BF3. And that there is 'enhanced destruction' just like the main game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Well it can replace the M60 you used to have super glued to your mitts mate, wanna get that jack hammer shot gun that used to be EPIC!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

So how will I download this on the xbox 360?
    I bought the limited edition back at launch. Will it be an automatic update? ..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anyone tried the proxy trick yet to see if the add on will unlock?

LighterGuy wrote: »
    So how will I download this on the xbox 360?
    I bought the limited edition back at launch. Will it be an automatic update? ..

Did the Xbox not get a big update last week? It was contained in that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    "Console peasants"? Christ, you're worse than the PS3/360 fanboys.

If there's more people like you on the PC, I can certainly see why so many people play consoles.

Do not speak to your Gods in such a manner. Now kneel in awe at my superior processing power you heathen.

• Advertisement

battlelog updating as I type. Expect Karkand within the hour!!!

GO! GO! GO!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Z0mg!!! the MG36. Ok so whats the story with 2nd set of assignments, they show locked on battlelog.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Once you unlock the first one the next one will unlock I think.

had a good go of wake island there (before my computer crashed :( ) and it is AWESOME!

Unlocked the Famas which felt nice in my hands, sort of like the kh2002

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Was it a big download?

sink wrote: »
    Was it a big download?

if you've played in the last week then you've already downloaded it. Just update Battlelog (less then a minute) and away you go!

Just play Karkand and Gulf Of Oman. Karkan is fantastic, the map is huge! all points accounted for and it genuinely feels bigger then the original due to all the buildings feeling like they had an extra storey or two added to them, also the destruction is very distinct here. (though the middle building seems to be indestructable)

Gulf Of Oman is just confusing, it feels very different to its BF2 counterpart, need more time with it.

Famas is tricky to get the hang off.

Oh and look out for the easter Egg at point E on wake island, its quite good!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

oh to finish work and go try it out :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Can't wait to give it a whirl after work also. Will be on b.ie TS3 for the night for anyone interested!

• Advertisement

Why is it still so long until home time? :(

Knew I should have taken the day off - well, with the blizzard and all this morning, nothing to do with BF3...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Gulf Of Oman is just confusing, it feels very different to its BF2 counterpart, need more time with it.

I think it feels smaller, more cramped...
    or maybe there's just more "stuff" in it, not sure but it definitely feels more "different" than Wake Island and Karkand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    had a good go of wake island there (before my computer crashed :( ) and it is AWESOME!

Unlocked the Famas which felt nice in my hands, sort of like the kh2002

FAMAS = noobgun, almost a cheat in that it is so overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

just played a wee bit.

sharqi peninsula is really great map, thats what i was waiting for from BF3. a destructable town. freaking awesome!

Wake island - fliping air is OP... trololol flares trololol flares trololol flares.... are they infinite?

i got in to servers wheres everyone is high as hell rank. some dice employes too as they had those addons. I was fliping raped all the time :(. last game i ended up on bottom of my team.

just played a wee bit.

sharqi peninsula is really great map, thats what i was waiting for from BF3. a destructable town. freaking awesome!

Wake island - fliping air is OP... trololol flares trololol flares trololol flares.... are they infinite?

i got in to servers wheres everyone is high as hell rank. some dice employes too as they had those addons. I was fliping raped all the time :(. last game i ended up on bottom of my team.

Sounds like a job for the UndeadWondaGunner's!

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

I just unlocked FAMAS and wow!!! It's probably the best gun in the game really feckin loved it, ROF is unbelievable and almost no recoil. Hopefully DICE don't nerf it's only gun I prefer to use, cause other guns hit detection seems broken for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Notorioux wrote: »
    I just unlocked FAMAS and wow!!! It's probably the best gun in the game really feckin loved it, ROF is unbelievable and almost no recoil. Hopefully DICE don't nerf it's only gun I prefer to use, cause other guns hit detection seems broken for me...

What do you need to unlock, If your assault score is high enough will it auto unlock?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Go to BattleLog and look at the assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Notorioux wrote: »

Doesn't feel much better than other guns to me, will unlock foregrip etc and see how it feels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Sharqi is awesome map. i am so enjoying it.

i killed some fella with repair tool lol. by pure luck too, as i jumped out of the tank and ran at RPG bastard with my repair tool in hands! that compact G3 is damn good too. might be a replacement for my trusty g36!

Advertisement