Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DLC] Back To Karkand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I don't have a choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Prob joining through the webbrowser, not loggin onto origin

I was logged in webbrowser but it looked for the origin log in also. Game details came up in the bottom left hand corner and it said in was connecting to game server but it stayed that way :(

for updates
    http://twitter.com/#!/@battlefield

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Anyone who wanted more destruction is getting it, some levels have nothing left standing.

These are 64 man maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Would you believe that the twitter account doesn't work?

I just tried it in FF and Chrome and it's down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

http://twitter.com/Battlefield#

Just looks like automated replies at the mo.

• Advertisement

I just tried it in FF and Chrome and it's down.
    Battlefield
    Battlefield Battlefield

@petjepet We are currently aware of this issue and are working to get it resolved! We appreciate your patience! ^QN
    1 minute ago
    Battlefield
    Battlefield Battlefield

@headhuntershalo Thank you for the feedback, I'll be sure to pass your message along. ^jj
    3 minutes ago
    Battlefield
    Battlefield Battlefield

@fourcookies There is an issue on EA's back-end, and we are working to resolve it. We appreciate your patience and your feedback. ^jj
    7 minutes ago
    Battlefield
    Battlefield Battlefield

@benwedstone Thanks for the update! We're glad to hear it's up for you! ^CH

fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Decryptor wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/Battlefield#

Just looks like automated replies at the mo.

I had actually typed my previous response about 10 minutes ago (went off to buy the DLC which I can't play obviously) and forgot to post it. It looks like it's back now. Still, it gave me a chuckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I just logged on there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I was playing this morning. Karkand is awesome!

I was on the second floor of a building and someone blew out the bottom floor. I ended standing in the middle of the two story hole with about 10% life.

Reading the assignments section in Battlelog I now understnd why I was attacked by the repair tool in Wake Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

From that small time I had with expansion I can say only this:

All original maps are **** compared to what we got now. I will be playing only expansion maps for really really long time...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I had actually typed my previous response about 10 minutes ago (went off to buy the DLC which I can't play obviously) and forgot to post it. It looks like it's back now. Still, it gave me a chuckle.
    Where did you end buying it from?

whats this assignments shtuff about????

whats this assignments shtuff about????

Unlocks guns, teh FAMAS loks stupidly easy to get.

10 revives 10 heals.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Unlocks guns, teh FAMAS loks stupidly easy to get.

10 revives 10 heals.

cheers,

damn the fighting is fierce

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Anyone find the new maps seem to be more graphically intensive? Had to lower my settings as the frame drop became too annoying.

Also what is up with this whole map already capped conquest? It creates a really horrible situation like in a normal conquest game when one team is getting stomped.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I wish I didn't have exams this week... or four major assignments to finish over Christmas :(

From what i've seen and heard the remade BF2 maps are far better than the (admittedly) pretty crappy BF3 maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Loving it, absolute carnage, rounds way too fast, craggy was hopping with people so rounds flew by.

Ok is it me or does the famas have the worst iron sites ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

They are much more detailed then the BF3 maps with there being just more stuff in general. It can get frustrating as you can picked off by people camping in corners and dark patches much easier. But the fighting feels much more intensive.

Its kind of falling back on the BF2 principal. A good game is one of the best you'll have, a bad game will be one of the most frustrating.

On the Famas I fail to see all the OPness about it, I find it a bit bollox to be honest. Much prefer to stick with my m16 on assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Seifer wrote: »
    Also what is up with this whole map already capped conquest? It creates a really horrible situation like in a normal conquest game when one team is getting stomped.

It's like the conquest of old. The attackers have a un-cap and the defenders have all the flags to begin with. You can grind it out through tickets or capture all the defending team's flags.

I haven't been defending yet, but i'm guessing it's like before where you can't spawn if you don't have flags, apart from the obvious of not having spawn points, but even on team mates or beacons. Which at times results in the whole attacking team searching for the last player, then a frantic dash as a flag turns neutral!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Tis great getting this for free, in terms of content etc..this game along with skyrim are such amazing value for what you get i think.

Unlocked the first 3 weapons today, the iron sights for famas have to be the worst ever but it kicks ass with acog. Maps are great but conquest is again too big for platforms, especially this dlc! mind you its still fun but rush is more intense.

This along with youtube and muzu on me xbox, ill never het out of me room :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Was having a good 8 v 8 game on karkand but people started to leave near the end for some reason. My team had all the cap points so I decided to just blow the shít out of the place with C4. It is class! The destruction is way better than vanilla + BC2. You can completely blow up some buildings & make shells out of others.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

btw anyone try the rush versions yet?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Seifer wrote: »
    Anyone find the new maps seem to be more graphically intensive? Had to lower my settings as the frame drop became too annoying.

Seem to be having the same issue.Fraps is showing 80+ fps but it just feels choppy.Its either graphics settings or that network slider yoke....cant seem to get a decent game thats not choppy in since that last patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

It is way more demanding now.

From simple fields it went in to city jungle. Everything can be destroyed too.

Honestly: I don't see a point in vanilla maps now. I can only imagine new maps they will make.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Tickets need to be increased, there's just so much mayhem going on. Oman is insane with the amount of vehicles. And of course sharqui and karkand are still class.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    btw anyone try the rush versions yet?

why? :p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    On the Famas I fail to see all the OPness about it, I find it a bit bollox to be honest. Much prefer to stick with my m16 on assault.

tbh I think it suffers from being waaaaaay too overpowered at short range, couple of bullets and they're down. Long range is perfect as the kick-back prevents accuracy and kills.

I like the new maps too. Bit of a nostalgic feeling on them :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

64 player infantry only rush on Karkand = fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Not mad on the new maps. I guess I was sort of hoping for pretty much exact copies of the old maps with destruction built in and new gfx obviously.

The destruction is just stupidly over the top. Even a hand grenade will blow apart a 2 foot thick concrete wall and kill you on the other side.

They have also made the maps very crammed - which takes away from the original, open feel to the maps which made them so great.

Also, as the speed of the soldiers movement is that much faster in BF3 than BF2, it makes them feel very CoD like. In BF2 the map sizes heled to slow down the gameplay, which made it a whole lot more tactical as the soldiers weren't all super human speed freaks (and there was an energy bar for running).

Its nice to have a few new maps, but they over did and ruined them IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Not mad on the new maps. I guess I was sort of hoping for pretty much exact copies of the old maps with destruction built in and new gfx obviously.

The destruction is just stupidly over the top. Even a hand grenade will blow apart a 2 foot thick concrete wall and kill you on the other side.

They have also made the maps very crammed - which takes away from the original, open feel to the maps which made them so great.

Also, as the speed of the soldiers movement is that much faster in BF3 than BF2, it makes them feel very CoD like. In BF2 the map sizes heled to slow down the gameplay, which made it a whole lot more tactical as the soldiers weren't all super human speed freaks (and there was an energy bar for running).

Its nice to have a few new maps, but they over did and ruined them IMO.

TBH on the maps 64 players seems like too much. 24-32 seems ideal on them. Gulf of Oman perhaps has enough size to warrant 64 players but that's about it.

Also I quite like rush on the new maps. Except the fags who switched to our team when they realized we were thrashing them.

Advertisement