Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[DLC] Back To Karkand

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Didn't realise so many people have been screwed, 100's who paid for Karkand can't play..getting "purchase again" or "content unavailable" errors

"EA are aware of the issue and working to fix it " is the message as usual ...what a sham !!

http://help.ea.com/article/known-issues-with-back-to-karkand

Posted 3 days ago
    Some Back to Karkand players have been encountering the following issues with Battlefield 3:
    Battlelog does not recognize Back to Karkand: Battlelog may instruct you to "Buy Back to Karkand Now" even when you already own the expansion pack. This issue will prevent you from joining any Back to Karkand servers.
    Battlelog acknowledges that you have Back to Karkand, but game servers don't: You will receive a "Missing Content" error message and will not be able to join Back to Karkand servers.
    We are aware of these issues and working hard to fix them. Watch this space for updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I bought the DLC and couldn't play it, gave up on ea help (they suggested I bought the DLC again to see if that would work) and eventually I sorted it out yesterday by un-installing Origin and re-installing it.

Once I ran it after reinstalling, it did a quick BF3 update and Karkand was available to play. Happy days.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Im crashing every single round with an error

"You have been disconnested from EA online (1)"

Anyone else getting this.

Never had it until the the Karkand maps were released.Game is starting to seriously piss me off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I get it the odd time! Dunno what its about though

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah I get that message aswell but usually mins after joining a server....be aware that if you are getting something done for an assignment and the game goes belly you lose what you done. Unlike points that have been got!!!

Very Nasty Indeed! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I have an odd crash where I will suddenly teleport deep underground and can see everything from outside the playable area and then crash to desktop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Im crashing every single round with an error

"You have been disconnested from EA online (1)"

Anyone else getting this.

Never had it until the the Karkand maps were released.Game is starting to seriously piss me off.

I get that error every few rounds but has gotten more often since karkand release.
    I trawled EA forums but no luck with any fixes.

I got onto live support and after 40mins i was told this "I have made some necessary changes to your account, please check it again."

Guess what? Its still fecking crashing :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Not really surprised tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Zillah wrote: »
    I have an odd crash where I will suddenly teleport deep underground and can see everything from outside the playable area and then crash to desktop.
    Just got this twice :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Seifer wrote: »
    Just got this twice :/

And again. Second crash in twenty minutes. This game is so unstable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

3 times so far for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Only have the Jackhammer left to unlock and I'm just over half way to that :D
    QBZ-95B for engineer is quite good, I seem to survive more 1 on 1's than with the G53.
    Considering I never use smelly sniper rifle's the L96 impressed me, nice standard sights and very accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

anyone else find some weird set up with new unlocks that they all come with the ballistic sight attached initially.

Only the famas came with iron sights

Was shocked first time I selected the G53 and I had a ballistic on it (and some bastard medic kept reviving me so I could not take it off)

Yeah its ****in mental getting a x12 scope with the engi gun! The scope is actually longer then the gun ffs. And being able to attach a Bipod to the famas lmao. I like the L85 assault gun you get its nice.

I only have the 2hrs to play to get the jack hammer, and I am debating if I will bother my arse to get the sniper rifles. No point as I dont play them at all

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    anyone else find some weird set up with new unlocks that they all come with the ballistic sight attached initially.

Only the famas came with iron sights

Was shocked first time I selected the G53 and I had a ballistic on it (and some bastard medic kept reviving me so I could not take it off)
    Yeah I figured it was some kind of joke because people were giving out about the other weapons having DICE employee only ballistic scopes, I forgot to take it off the MG36 :eek:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Just got my first crash in about a week :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Haven't played in about 2 weeks due to being busy and goodness me, do I feel completely lost!! I have played the new maps before but despite this, I am running around like a complete lunatic.

Speaking of which, any of you ****ers on TS tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

I bought the DLC and couldn't play it, gave up on ea help (they suggested I bought the DLC again to see if that would work) and eventually I sorted it out yesterday by un-installing Origin and re-installing it.

Once I ran it after reinstalling, it did a quick BF3 update and Karkand was available to play. Happy days.

Logging out from Battlelog (as opposed to closing the browser) sorted this issue for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 noobacus

I'm getting loads of disconnects tonight, playing on xbox and this is first time it's been happening,also first time iv had it on for over an hour since I got karkand.surely can't be a coincidence

Well the disconnect by EA issue has just gone through the roof for me, was getting one a night now I am getting them every 2 games. ****in nightmare!!

Starting to get a dislike for this pile of ****. :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Well the disconnect by EA issue has just gone through the roof for me, was getting one a night now I am getting them every 2 games. ****in nightmare!!

:(

Out of 5 rounds I tried to play today I crashed out of 4 of them with the same error ie disconnected from ea online (1)

Got onto tech support and they advised downloading and reinstalling the whole game from the start.Cant be arsed doing that since it was working until the DLC.

He couldnt even tell me what the (1) means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I think the only way to resolve these issues is to do a complete reinstall of Windows + BF3.
    I finally bit the bullet about a week after the game came out and having numerous crashes....had none since then..
    The only bug I do encounter is that stupid can't click mouse to respawn bug..annoying as hell but nowhere as bad as crashing out..;)

I think the game gets ****ed up joining different servers, It depends on the servers TBH. If you play on the one server all the time I bet the crashes would stop or be very limited.

Had a round today and got 70,000+ points on the Gulf of Oman, in game score was 39,907 and got 3 10,000 medals and then all the add ons!

Fingers crossed--Someone in the EA forums recommended turning off upnp in the router setting.

Just did that and managed an hour or so without a crash..

****in gas...I got disconnected there a few mins ago and this was the EXACT message I got in battlelog.

Disconnected:- Something went wrong.

Now that sums it all up. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    ****in gas...I got disconnected there a few mins ago and this was the EXACT message I got in battlelog.

Disconnected:- Something went wrong.

Now that sums it all up. :rolleyes:

Battlelog isn't showing you as in a server at any point this afternoon either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I used to have these problems from launch, it would take me exactly 4 triews to get into a server:

1. Join server = BF3 has stopped working.
    2. Join server = You have been disconnected from the server.
    3. Join server = You have lost connection to EA online.
    4. Join server = Success.

No joke, that exact run of errors each time, and I'm not the only one.

Then they released the patch, and for the first time since launch, I could join every server flawlessly.

But, then they release B2K, and all the same **** is happening again.

I have a funny feeling B2K was finished a while ago, and the patch fixed some bugs that were re-introduced from old code within the B2K expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I used to have these problems from launch, it would take me exactly 4 triews to get into a server:

1. Join server = BF3 has stopped working.
    2. Join server = You have been disconnected from the server.
    3. Join server = You have lost connection to EA online.
    4. Join server = Success.

No joke, that exact run of errors each time, and I'm not the only one.

Then they released the patch, and for the first time since launch, I could join every server flawlessly.

But, then they release B2K, and all the same **** is happening again.

I have a funny feeling B2K was finished a while ago, and the patch fixed some bugs that were re-introduced from old code within the B2K expansion.

Same issue but i used to crash every single level load, thats fixed but takes a while to get onto a server.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 HughyMaddock

Hi there, I was just wondering if anyone else out there is having trouble playing back to karkand dlc on xbox????? Its in my download history and on the hardrive but its not in the game, no maps no nothing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

What do people make of the new guns?

I've only used the FAMAS and the MP5 looking thingy, and, if I'm entirely honest, I'm slightly discomforted by the fact that both of them are exceptionally good.

It seems a bit too close to paying for an advantage to my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I have heard that the famas is good but the iron sights are atrocious on it so I havent bothered unlocking a red dot for it. The G53 is ok but not as good as the A-91 so I moved back to it. Best gun I have used is the MG36, it's class!

Advertisement