Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Leisure Centre in Ennis?

• 31-10-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭

I'm a member in Kingfisher but I can't say I'll be renewing my membership in January? I chose it because of it's proximity but I have to say in the past few months they've let the place go a little ragged. A number of the machines are out of order and you have to choose your treadmill carefully as some of them jar slightly on the footfall (which I find a long lasting problem).

It's a shame because while Ozone is only a few minutes extra walk for me it's an awkward road for pedestrians. I have to say that while I'm disappointed with the Kingfisher complex itself the staff are the nicest friendliest people I've met.

So considering convenience no longer outweighs quality does anyone have any good recommendations regarding the gyms in the town. I had a grand mal seizure a few weeks back and can't drive so Woodstock is unfortunately only available for the odd round of golf.

I appreciate there may be previous discussions on this but gyms can degrade with time so any reports on the council gym or Ozone at this point in time is appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

Agreed on your points the staff are friendly in the kingfisher but I would also be very critical of the level of cleanliness I would love to know who's actually responsible! as to be honest I may be judging the staff to harshly but I have never seen anyone cleaning ever!! and I use the facility every day and the state of the ladies shower area UGH the staff come across as the most unproductive individuals though very friendly and in terms of labor cost they must spend a small fortune when from what I gather they sit around and do nothing

before I joined the kingfisher I would have used the public pool (never use the gym) but found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful though it was clean I joined the kingfisher in the end as it was close to home/work but also because of the availability as I only use the pool I find that with the public pool classes/lessons it'd be closed certain times etc

Though I'm not much help just thought I have a wee rant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

nicechick! wrote: »
    Agreed on your points the staff are friendly in the kingfisher but I would also be very critical of the level of cleanliness I would love to know who's actually responsible! as to be honest I may be judging the staff to harshly but I have never seen anyone cleaning ever!! and I use the facility every day and the state of the ladies shower area UGH the staff come across as the most unproductive individuals though very friendly and in terms of labor cost they must spend a small fortune when from what I gather they sit around and do nothing

before I joined the kingfisher I would have used the public pool (never use the gym) but found the staff unfriendly and unhelpful though it was clean I joined the kingfisher in the end as it was close to home/work but also because of the availability as I only use the pool I find that with the public pool classes/lessons it'd be closed certain times etc

Though I'm not much help just thought I have a wee rant
    Yeah I've been in the ladies changing rooms a few times when they've had to bring in workmen and swap them around. The showers are filthy, the male changing rooms are spotless in comparison. Yeah my OP was a bit of a rant too but I just thought I'd ask for opinions while I was at it. Ozone on the Quinn road seems really modern and it works out cheaper than KF for a 6 month contract. Only draw back is they don't have a pool, it's strictly a gym rather than leisure centre so may not suit your needs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

MyKeyG wrote: »
    Yeah I've been in the ladies changing rooms a few times when they've had to bring in workmen and swap them around. The showers are filthy, the male changing rooms are spotless in comparison. Yeah my OP was a bit of a rant too but I just thought I'd ask for opinions while I was at it. Ozone on the Quinn road seems really modern and it works out cheaper than KF for a 6 month contract. Only draw back is they don't have a pool, it's strictly a gym rather than leisure centre so may not suit your needs.

Finding a pool can always be a problem for me :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

i find ennis public pool great but i've flexible working hours so when i go i often have the pool nearly to myself, bliss:cool:
    i was with woodstock but i found the pool too small, other than that its lovely there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I spent 6 months in Ennis and used the public gym 3 or so times a week, never had a complaint about the place. I'd also recommend getting a bike since you can't drive, it'll help build up the fitness as well.

Cleanliness was fine, plenty of cardio machines, though the place really fills up at peak times.

Staff are very friendly and helpful as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement