Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam question

Options
  • 31-10-2011 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I ordered Dirt 3 from cdwow but the disk won't load. I see it's available on steam and as it would just be linked up to my steam account anyway is there anyway I can just enter the product key from the manual and download it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Under your library in Steam, you can click on Games in the menu at the top and 'register a product on Steam'. Not sure if it'll then let you download the game itself from Steam, but it's worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

If the game is a Steamworks game (ie, it requires a Steam account to play) then Blowfish's method will work.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its a GWFL(vomit) game unfortunately so there is no way of downloading it from steam unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

No couldn't download from steam, tried using the key inside as it's called a "live access code" but it kept saying it was invalid. Guess it'll just have to be sent back.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

ScumLord wrote: »
    No couldn't download from steam, tried using the key inside as it's called a "live access code" but it kept saying it was invalid. Guess it'll just have to be sent back.
    Try registering with GFWL instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

ríomhaire wrote: »
    Try registering with GFWL instead?
    did that too, no luck. :(

Advertisement