Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet>> How to check how many GB's I have used/left?

• 31-10-2011 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Any way to check this? Bit of a disaster if you never know how much of your cap you have used or remaining on your acc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Are those details available on their website when you login?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hector Salamanca

Are those details available on their website when you login?

Never tried...Didn't even know there was a login page :eek::P

Will log in and see how it goes, cheers!

Tried logging into mine just there, it just gives you your billing history.

Karsini wrote: »
    Tried logging into mine just there, it just gives you your billing history.

Yeah mine is the same? Not sure how to check usage now :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Try a bandwith monitor like this http://www.bwmonitor.com/

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Try a bandwith monitor like this http://www.bwmonitor.com/

cheers...will try the 30 day trial and see how it goes

Rang them today and was told to use a third party usage monitor...wonder what will happen when I go over my cap but my third party monitor says I didn't? They should really provide something so customers can see

• Registered Users Posts: 34 TheMadMan697

They say they are working on a system to track usage. If that is true or not i don’t know. I really hope they increase caps and have way to track usage. I got throttled for 2 weeks last month with no warning at all. They should concentrate on keeping their customers happy not pestering us with low caps. I am thinking of moving provider just because of this. I can imagine fixed wireless providers like permaNET will lose a lot of customers to mobile broadband providers because mobile broadband is advancing very quickly now and offers better value for money. Mobile broadband is not quite as good in my area at the moment at peak times but off peak times with 3 mobile broadband i get 7 Mb which is all my modem can handle of course It still not as stable or as low ping as permaNET but its decent.

I was with them when they had no cap and I'm not surprised they introduced one. The contention was unreal, we had to cancel our VOIP line as the connection was too unstable. I personally knew of at least two people who left their torrent clients open 24/7.

Karsini wrote: »
    I was with them when they had no cap and I'm not surprised they introduced one. The contention was unreal, we had to cancel our VOIP line as the connection was too unstable. I personally knew of at least two people who left their torrent clients open 24/7.

I joined before they introduced caps and stayed on that package,no download limits.Never had contention problems where I live.Only recently changed from them as I can now get faster speeds for the same monthly cost.
    Using dongles and going over your download limit can be a costly exercise,you'd rather speeds being throttled than get a huge bill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

anyone know when they started introducing internet caps

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    anyone know when they started introducing internet caps

A couple of years ago,but if you were an old customer on one of their original plans then you stayed on that with unlimited downloads.

Networx is a good program to monitor usage,I use it myself.

Advertisement