Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loose Balls - General discussion, links etc.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Good idea for a thread alright. It'll help avoid these lockout blues for a while at least. :o

This is probably a question better suited to the gaming section but I'll ask it anyway.Has anybody got NBA 2k12 yet? I was in Smyths today and stared at the cover for about 5 minutes before deciding not to buy it yet. The reviews of it have been absolutely glowing however but I'm still quite addicted to 11 so it might be a while before I upgrade. For those who have it, is it much of an upgrade?

Looks like Deron Williams has been tearing it up for Beskitas. Dropped 50 in his last game in just 36 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

From a new NBA TV series called Open Court.

I ordered the new Grantland Quarterly after reading Bill Simmons' latest column. Ok you can read the articles online, but there's a lot I've missed and thought it would be nice to have a paper edition of the best articles to thumb through. From Ireland it works out at $86 for a year's subscription, or about €15 per book. Not bad for a well-produced 350-page book of sportswriting.

One of my latest discoveries has been a new show on NBATV called Open Court. It's Shaq, Barkley, Reggie Miller, Webber, Steve Smith, Kenny Smith, & Steve Kerr sitting around telling stories, and Ernie Johnson is the host. Really entertaining.

A team that is run by the NBA is trading a franchise player for Houston's crap and Lamar Odom.

It's good to see the new CBA is definitely working.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Sea Devils wrote: »
    A team that is run by the NBA is trading a franchise player for Houston's crap and Lamar Odom.

It's good to see the new CBA is definitely working.

It's obviously dubious that a team owned by the NBA is trading Paul to the Lakers, but I wouldn't say it's for crap. If Lakers manage to get Howard for a deal centered around Bynum, that's when alarm bells will start to ring and even more people will lose interest in the NBA.

I know Lakers fans will be thrilled with this deal, but I think they've gotten weaker. Paul/Kobe/Bynum doesn't look as good to me as Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Bynum. Not to mention Paul's knee surgery, Bynum's injury problems and Kobe's aging.

moneyman wrote: »
    If Lakers manage to get Howard for a deal centered around Bynum, that's when alarm bells will start to ring and even more people will lose interest in the NBA.

I know Lakers fans will be thrilled with this deal, but I think they've gotten weaker. Paul/Kobe/Bynum doesn't look as good to me as Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Bynum. Not to mention Paul's knee surgery, Bynum's injury problems and Kobe's aging.

It's looking pretty likely that they'll be ending up getting up Howard too if a number of sources are correct anyway.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this turns out all right. Both players have been fairly ball dominant in their careers so you can't just assume that they'll just acclimate to not being on it nearly as much. They also get extremely weak in the PF position as well unless they get a ring chaser for the vet minimum (probable case scenario)

Shame to see Brandon Roy is gonna retire :(. Always liked his style of play. If there's one thing he'll be remembered for in his career it'll be that comeback against the Mavericks in last seasons playoffs.

Wow did Perkins lose weight or what. :eek:

kendrick_perkins_drops_pounds_bucking_the_lockout_trend.jpg

Hopefully Jeff Green is okay. Just been announced he'll have to miss the entire season because of heart surgery :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Happy Christmas to everyone on the Basketball forum here. Can't wait for tonight especially when Turkey, Beer and the NBA are combined :D

Advertisement