Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVI/USB or DVI/VGA for dual monitors?

Options
  • 31-10-2011 6:34pm

I recently bought two samsung B2230H 21.5" monitors for dual display with my Lenovo N500. One monitor is connected via HDMI and the other via VGA. Problem is that the picture quality is only ok and not as good as I would like it to be. Surprisingly, the HDMI picture quality is worse than the VGA and after a some searching I've read on different sites that this is common with some HDMI connections. I've also tried different HDMI cables and the problem persists.

My question is, should I try either a DVI/USB or DVI/VGA cable and any recommendations for one over the other? Would there any loss in picture quality with either of these cables? Is DVI/USB a better option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I tried some usb adapters and it's big NO, go for vga if you must but you said the picture is OK.. how good you expect it to be? and at what resolution, mhz? see if samsung has additional driver for those? or if lenovo has it (kinda generic display driver)?

did you swap monitors, is the same picture quality on both? did you try monitors with another computer?

To me it just seems like that's all your laptop can offer, is this the laptop http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-3000-n500-585478/review ?

freestyla wrote: »
    I tried some usb adapters and it's big NO, go for vga if you must but you said the picture is OK.. how good you expect it to be? and at what resolution, mhz? see if samsung has additional driver for those? or if lenovo has it (kinda generic display driver)?

did you swap monitors, is the same picture quality on both? did you try monitors with another computer?

To me it just seems like that's all your laptop can offer, is this the laptop http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/laptops-portable-pcs/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-3000-n500-585478/review ?

That's the laptop, switched the monitors around and no change. I also used connected laptop to TV via HDMI and it was perfect so it appears to be something to do with the monitors.

Advertisement