Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shuttle M1000 dead?

• 31-10-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

I have a shuttle XPC m1000 and when I went to turn it on this evening it was completely dead, checked with different power cables and different plugs but no joy, it doesn't even bring up the shuttle text when it is plugged in.

I suspect that the PSU or something similar has gone on it and is fried! :confused: but I am a bit lost as to what I will have to do with it now as I can not see any obvious faults.

Anybody got any suggestions as to what to do or where I would be able to get some parts for a M1000 system?

Regards
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

tommycahir wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have a shuttle XPC m1000 and when I went to turn it on this evening it was completely dead, checked with different power cables and different plugs but no joy, it doesn't even bring up the shuttle text when it is plugged in.

I suspect that the PSU or something similar has gone on it and is fried! :confused: but I am a bit lost as to what I will have to do with it now as I can not see any obvious faults.

Anybody got any suggestions as to what to do or where I would be able to get some parts for a M1000 system?

Regards
    Tommy

If a machien is dead first thing is to check fuse and then powerlead.

Check if any electrics come on, If the fans spin up its not a PSU issue but if nothing works and you've confirmed the lead is ok then its a bad PSU.

These are small form factor ATX psu's and aftermarket replacements shouldn't be difficult to source.

Example http://www.atxpowersupplies.com/200-watt-power-supply-FSP200-50PLA2.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Hi Carter P Fly

I just got a mail back this morning from the Shuttle support team, it seems I don't have a hope of getting this fixed!
    Unfortunately I think the problem cannot be solved anymore. If the
    system does not respond to power-on actions, the power supply could
    be the reason. In that case we cannot offer anything. Spare parts and
    power supplies are out of stock and there is also no alternative PSU.

It is hard to say, but there is no chance to reanimate your system...

Thank you for your understanding!

From looking at the box the power cable comes in and directly on to a board rather than via what you would traditionally see as a PSU in a PC.
    I have checked the plug fuse and cable(even tried an alternative cable with same connector) and the fan or even display lights were not coming on for me.. :(

What is infuriating me at the moment is that the machine is a little over 3 years old and is now only useful as a doorstop! :mad:

I am now looking to see if I can get a decent bluray player and a media player box (Asus O Play or WD TV live box) to replace it as I have all my media on a NAS.

Regards
    Tommy

Advertisement