Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

halloween....look after your animals

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nollipop

After this Halloween, I've completely gone off the idea of fireworks being 'fun' and 'beautiful'. Some lovely young people were chased down our street by the guards yesterday for setting off bangers. It hasn't stopped them: they are at it again today.:mad:

Our poor greyhound is refusing to go into the back garden or walk down the street. We had to carry him outside to wee last night so that we wouldn't wake up to a huge mess in the house. He weighs 33 kilos so this isn't the answer!

We've done the whole thing of not fussing over him when he is shaking, not responding to the bangs ourselves and leaving the radio and telly on to offset the noise. We even had two dogs stay with us over the weekend that don't react to them, in the hope that he would learn not to be scared by their example.

If he's not calmed down in a few days, we'll have to see the vet. He's a rescue as well and been through enough already. :( Poor boy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

glad its over - gave my two rescue remedy but it didnt work a jot. all we could do was stay in with them all night and keep the tv turned up - thankfully it finished up at about 9pm or so here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

I was delighted - it was our first halloween & it appears Chloes gundog heritage is deep in her genes. I was expecting a similar reaction to when the hoover comes out, but not a flinch out of her. Brave girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Don't forget to keep an ear out for tonight as well - there are always some stragglers...

Advertisement