Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoDonPachi Resurrection

Options
  • 31-10-2011 7:34pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Perhaps destined to be a victim of unfortunate timing (niche game vs. countless blockbusters) this bad boy is out on Friday, and for me anyway potentially more exciting than any of the bigger games due out in the coming weeks (except maybe Zelda).

Another bullet hell shooter from Cave, and the first DonPachi game to be released in the West on consoles. The iOS version seems pretty fantastic, so will be a great opportunity to finally play it with an optimal control scheme! Whether it will be as commercially successful as Death Smiles is one thing, but it should be a nice step up for the hardcore players who thought Death Smiles was too shallow (Gods, we call them).

In tangibly related news, Rising Star have also announced the hella exciting news that they shall also be releasing Cave's latest shooter, Akai Katana, in glorious PAL version in the coming months :)

It's never been as good a time to be a European Cave fan! It'd be a safe bet that Death Smiles 2 won't be far off either.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Why are the bullets pink and why is it not realistic and where's Captain Price? Looks gay tbh :P

(I'll defo be buying it once I get some money!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Perhaps destined to be a victim of unfortunate timing (niche game vs. countless blockbusters) this bad boy is out on Friday, and for me anyway potentially more exciting than any of the bigger games due out in the coming weeks (except maybe Zelda).

Another bullet hell shooter from Cave, and the first DonPachi game to be released in the West on consoles. The iOS version seems pretty fantastic, so will be a great opportunity to finally play it with an optimal control scheme! Whether it will be as commercially successful as Death Smiles is one thing, but it should be a nice step up for the hardcore players who thought Death Smiles was too shallow (Gods, we call them).

In tangibly related news, Rising Star have also announced the hella exciting news that they shall also be releasing Cave's latest shooter, Akai Katana, in glorious PAL version in the coming months :)

It's never been as good a time to be a European Cave fan! It'd be a safe bet that Death Smiles 2 won't be far off either.

So is this available to buy in stores (Game, xtravision, gamestop etc...) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

I do enjoy dondonpachi so I'll try to get round to this at some stage. do we know the price yet?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Should in theory be available in stores - I know most places had a few copies of Death Smiles anyway!

Cost around thirty euro off Amazon anyway, dispatched yesterday. Comes with an OST as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Should in theory be available in stores - I know most places had a few copies of Death Smiles anyway!

Cost around thirty euro off Amazon anyway, dispatched yesterday. Comes with an OST as well.

Asked in Gamestop. She looked at me like I had two heads. No joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I just assumed Gamestop wouldn't have it. Game and HMV had Deathsmiles, so I'd imagine they'd have this too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gamestop have been awful about stocking the more quirky games lately. Game and HMV are much better bets. You'll only get the popular stuff in Gamestop.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You might have to walk up to the shop assistant and shout "DODODODODONPACHHHHHHHI!" really loudly. It's no guarantee of success, but it's worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Not 100% sure about this but I don't think this appears in brick-and-mortar shops until next Friday. Seems you can only get it online for now (and even then some sites show the release date as the 11th).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Yreval wrote: »
    Not 100% sure about this but I don't think this appears in brick-and-mortar shops until next Friday. Seems you can only get it online for now (and even then some sites show the release date as the 11th).

Negative, I saw a copy with my own eyes in Game earlier today, I had no money with me to buy it though:(

• Advertisement

Strange, I was in Game, Gamestop and HMV here in Belfast yesterday afternoon and none of those places had it.

Never mind though, I've placed my order with Zavvi and should get my copy soon.

It wasn't really on display. It was well hidden amongst other garbage titles.

Picked it up in GAME on dawson st today, was the only copy there by the looks of things, took some searching for alright, staff member found it for me in the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

How much is it in Game and HMV? Yeah Game stop are awful for the more niche games.

Azure_sky wrote: »
    How much is it in Game and HMV? Yeah Game stop are awful for the more niche games.

I saw it for €40 in Game, a bit pricey but at least they're releasing good games these days

So anyone actively playing this?

Level 5 + Hyper + Laser vs Laser = Manic chuckling as your combo instantly shoots up by multiples of a thousand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

So anyone actively playing this?

I haven't had a chance to play it since last Friday, I find Cave games are either all or nothing in terms of effort required to enjoy them. I should have a bit of time around christmas to really have a crack at it :D

Have been playing it a bit, just sussing out all the levels with copious continues, this sunday is reserved for a proper go though!

Finally got this on Wednesday and have played little else since.

Found a video that might be useful:

Advertisement