Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

limerick greyhound track

• 31-10-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Have many been to it top class one of the best in the country
    For both dog and man

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Never been as a customer but I worked there for a while and it always seemed like a good laugh for a night out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭dave 27

i heard students absolutely trashed the place recently?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

dave 27 wrote: »
    i heard students absolutely trashed the place recently?!

correct, thursday night they absloutley wrecked the place, even tore the sink off the wall in the disabled toilet, nice future for the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Students from which college/uni/tech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

LB6 wrote: »

Now that I don't know, but I was talking to a guy who was called in to do repairs on thursday night, he couldn't believe what he saw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

I don't think that really matters little scummers :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭moby2101

lab man wrote: »
    I don't think that really matters little scummers :mad:

If anyone knows I think the College should be named shamed and the media contacted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

I happen to think it matters VERY MUCH.

I'd love for the Greyhound Track to name and shame the college and hold them responsible for the damage. It could then be up to them to reclaim the costs back from the students.

Why should the track have to cover the costs of the little brats carry on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

The college can only do so much to advise the students to behave themselves, surely its the students themselves who should be named and shamed, or their parents even. Was it actually a college organised event even ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 krochford

i work in a bar around the corner from it and one of the locals works down there. he was saying that they pulled the cistern for one of the toilets off the wall and nearly floodedd the place. and its the collage closest to the track that did the damage apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Before the reputation of Mary I gets damaged, I want to clarify that MIC had their student night on the 17th of October with no fuss.

The damage done on Thursday was a mystery Halloween tour organised by another institution in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

By institution i can only think of one place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

It wasn't LIT or UL either from what i heard..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

I happen to think it matters VERY MUCH.

I'd love for the Greyhound Track to name and shame the college and hold them responsible for the damage. It could then be up to them to reclaim the costs back from the students.

Why should the track have to cover the costs of the little brats carry on?

you've got me wrong!! wat i mean is that they should show respect where ever they go or wat ever they do. and ya they should be held accountable.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

The Student Races every April out at Patrickswell puts this in the ha'penny place.

None of the above posters were at it, I'm going to presume.

I was at it, the place was all wrong for the kind of night the students were expecting, especially going by last year's event. It's been acknowledged on Facebook by the organisers, they were planning to meet with the Race Track owners yesterday (Tuesday), to go over issues both sides had.

I missed the incident with the cistern. The worst I saw was people climbing onto the track to run around (pretty tame you'll agree), and the toilets being left in a hellish state (which is par for the course on any night out in a club, it seems).

Security was very strict on the night also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

CiaranMT wrote: »
    The Student Races every April out at Patrickswell puts this in the ha'penny place.

None of the above posters were at it, I'm going to presume.

I was at it, the place was all wrong for the kind of night the students were expecting, especially going by last year's event. It's been acknowledged on Facebook by the organisers, they were planning to meet with the Race Track owners yesterday (Tuesday), to go over issues both sides had.

I missed the incident with the cistern. The worst I saw was people climbing onto the track to run around (pretty tame you'll agree), and the toilets being left in a hellish state (which is par for the course on any night out in a club, it seems).

Security was very strict on the night also.

Ah right, so because they do worse at other events or other nights out this should be taken with a pinch of salt.

As for the place being all wrong, sounds like a creche with padded walls might be more appropriate for your next party.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Ah right, so because they do worse at other events or other nights out this should be taken with a pinch of salt.

As for the place being all wrong, sounds like a creche with padded walls might be more appropriate for your next party.

So is this thread the sum total of what you've heard about the night?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

What was wrong with the place for the students?

bigpink wrote: »
    What was wrong with the place for the students?

The event was billed as a rave-type event, and all that entails.

Last year, it was held at Landscape House in Clonlara, and the space was used to put up stages and the like. Lots of space, less restrictions, and it was a winner by all accounts (I wasn't at it myself).

This year, it was held at the Dog tracks. While it has potential as a venue for this kind of thing, the whole thing was a bit of a mess. There were races on while students came in dressed up to the nines and with plenty of drink on board. Lots of middle-aged and old men there for the betting, and fancy-dress, drunk students in search of a rave isn't a great mix at the best of times. It was generally expected that the place would be closed to racing for the night, but on they went. Students got in trouble for disturbing them too apparently.

The security, as I mentioned, were very strict. The DJ table was shut with an hour and a half to go, the lights were on before 1 everywhere, which left a stage set up downstairs for the rest of the night.

Advertisement