Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3rd Dec Tenth Planet: DJ BONE[3 HOUR SET]- Pod

Options
  • 31-10-2011 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

372981_266795840022744_1429498069_n.jpg

Tenth Planet: Dj Bone
    Dublin Doors: 11:00 -3:00
    Entry: Free before 12, €8 after
    Line up: Dj Bone [Subject Detroit], Dec [Tenth Planet]
    http://www.tenthplanetmusic.com/

Tenth Planet is proud to have over Detroit legend DJ Bone to our party. It's no accident that two letters always precede Bone's name whenever he's on the bill. First and foremost, Bone is a DJ---in the truest sense. It’s been a few years since he’s been in Dublin and DJ Bone will be playing a three hour set on the night, giving us a chance to hear his trademark quick mixing style. Bone’s furious 3 deck live sets have become the stuff of legend. Blending lush soul and funk with machine groove and trickery like only a true Detroit warrior can. With Bone working three turntables simultaneously and to full affect!

From being a resident at the legendary MOTOR club in Detroit during the 90s, through to being head honcho at the infamous Subject Detroit Records, Bone has always been 100% underground. Carving his own path through the hype and fashion which has begun to suffocate dance music and techno in particular, The three full hours will give Bone time to really go to town on the dance floor and show why he holds the reputation he does.

In his own words

"If the gig is set-up with the music as the main focus (as it should be), then I have total control over the vibe. That's my duty. I'm not worried about having a Hollywood production going on or special effects with video images, smoke, etc. Just playing the best possible music as well as I can. I feel the need to constantly progress skill-wise and I feel my 3 deck sets are truly unique. Many DJs have 3 decks in front of them but how often do they actually have 3 records playing all at once (with the levels up)?" - DJ Bone

Mixes downloadable and streamable:
    DJ Bone ... Attacks!!! Mix 70 :http://bit.ly/vNIwzJ

Comments

Advertisement