Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

worms in water trough

• 31-10-2011 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

just noticed today alot of live worms in the cow's water trough, they didnt look like earth worms either. They werent in any other trough except the one that the cattle were using. Any explanation?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

WHEN DID YOU LAST CLEAN IT OUT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

What size are they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭johnpawl

whelan1 wrote: »
    WHEN DID YOU LAST CLEAN IT OUT?

only moved it last week, like I said they're only in the one they're using, not in the other ten down the land which havent been cleaned out. whats wrong with your caps lock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭No.125

planaria?

Bizzum wrote: »
    What size are they?
    About three inches long, white underneath.

• Advertisement

No.125 wrote: »
    planaria?
    I'd say not, just checked them on google images

johnpawl wrote: »
    About three inches long, white underneath.

Much larger than what I was thinking of. I'm no help to you so!

. whats wrong with your caps lock?
    sincere apologies:rolleyes:

whelan1 wrote: »
    sincere apologies:rolleyes:
    oh no problem .;)

Maybe if you could give a description it would help identification?
    Colour? Segmented? Saddle? Shape? Numbers? Etc

• Advertisement

Maybe if you could give a description it would help identification?
    Colour? Segmented? Saddle? Shape? Numbers? Etc

2 to 3 inches long, not segmented, dark on top white underneath. Must have been at least 20 of them in there, and its one of those plastic troughs i only moved in there about a week ago, and it was clean then. They were quite lively too, wriggling etc.

2 to 3 inches long, not segmented, dark on top white underneath. Must have been at least 20 of them in there, and its one of those plastic troughs i only moved in there about a week ago, and it was clean then. They were quite lively too, wriggling etc.

Take a pic, and post it!

Take a pic, and post it!

I will if they reappear. I had the trough upside down fairly quickly this morn!:Dthanks for the replies.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Baby eels?

;)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    Baby eels?

;)

One of the most amazing creatures on the planet! All believed to spawn in the Saragasso Sea...........................Fair spin to a water trough here in the Emerald Isle.
    But I admire your optimism :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

It's been quite windy................................:D

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

greysides wrote: »
    It's been quite windy................................:D

Speak for yourself!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

On the topic of cleaning out troughs, how the hell do you fully clean out plastic troughs? given the way the lip is formed on them.

JohnBoy wrote: »
    On the topic of cleaning out troughs, how the hell do you fully clean out plastic troughs? given the way the lip is formed on them.
    take the pipe off the back and tip up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I just bail them out with a bucket until most of the water/crap is out and then finish off with a cut-off square oil can. The square oil can makes a nice flat edged scoop that gets the vast majority of the dirt out.
    Let the fresh water run for a bit, swirl it around to pick up any remaining dirt, and finish off with the oil can scoop.

Short of turning them upside down and giving them a belt of the power washer, which often isn't practical/possible, this gets them plenty clean in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

I find the dustpan great for the job.

4-250x250.jpg
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfOedghfuVZYuTss2twa6ii_qNvOe_lhzaB
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfOedghfuVZYuTss2twa6ii_qNvOe_lhzaB

Advertisement