Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EMERGENCY VET NEEDED. South Dublin

• 31-10-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭

My neighbors dog just bit a huge lump out of my dog. I need to get him to a vet but I dont know where there is one.
    Also I dont have money on my until in the morning, so if anyone knows of one that I will get a bill at the end rather than upfront.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

http://www.vets.ie/emergencies/emergencies-PEH.php

entrance to Belfield.

You most likely will have to pay, hopefully someone will lend you a credit card. €87 minium cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Most vets in and around south Co Dublin have a out of hours service like Care Doc ring your local Vet and his answer machine should have the after hours number if not him try a few from the phone book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

As for the payment if the bite is that bad the dog would be kept in over night so you wouldn't have to pay now anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Maybe your neighbour could fork out the €87 for UCD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭dillo2k10

Thanks guys, my mum has a vet friend, She fixed it up for now, should be okay until in the morning.

Unfortunately I don't think the neighbor will be so nice as to pay any costs, even though her dog was found out our back garden attacking my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

wexford12 wrote: »
    As for the payment if the bite is that bad the dog would be kept in over night so you wouldn't have to pay now anyway

I'm afraid that's not always, with UCD you are required to pay min €200 deposit if they need to be left in overnight. OP, the best bet is if you can get to an ATM for the deposit or put it on laser or credit card. See http://daec.ie/home for number to ring and details. Best of luck, and I hope your dog is ok

Sorry, just read your response, happy to hear you were able to get vet help and that your guy is okay!

Advertisement