Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alternatives to Livedrive?

• 31-10-2011 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I recently signed up to the Backify deal (who resell Livedrive), but I'm wildly unimpressed; 2 weeks later, only a small portion of the files I set to backup have done so.

I have approx 50GB of files (mainly photos) I've like to have an online backup of (not synching between PCs). Does anyone have any free/cheap recommendation for such?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

oceanclub wrote: »
    I recently signed up to the Backify deal (who resell Livedrive), but I'm wildly unimpressed; 2 weeks later, only a small portion of the files I set to backup have done so.

I have approx 50GB of files (mainly photos) I've like to have an online backup of (not synching between PCs). Does anyone have any free/cheap recommendation for such?

P.
    How fast is your upload speed? This could be the problem. Use local backup (hard-drive) and store off site.

Or if it's photos's I use a premium flickr account:
    www.flickr.com

But this could also be slow if your upload speed is slow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Speed will be dictated by the upload speed of you internet connection.

What net connection and upload do you have.

Also are you using wifi or wired directly to the modem or router. At what speed?

Theres loads of them, Skydrive, DropBox etc. I haven't used them as my upload is too slow to make them useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Actually, it seems to have improved lately; I think the problem may have been at their end. I'm on NTL 25 Mbps; think the upload on that is 2Mbps? My backup is 50% done anyway....

P>

Advertisement