Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare in Greystones

Options
  • 31-10-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Myself and my husband will be moving to Greystones within the next six months and our main concern at the moment is childcare. I am working part time and was wondering if anyone local to Greystones or in the know could give me an idea of the cost of childcare and if there seems to be much availability or where to even start looking. I am interest in private childcare more than a large creche environment and would be very grateful for any information. We have two children by the way, and thank you in advance for any information you can give me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Greystoner

Well,congrats on moving to Greystones; good choice!

There are loads of creches around, I can't really endorse one over any other though as I didn't use any. Another option is to employ a childminder who can look after your kids in either your home or theirs. A Nanny may be too expensive, but if you go that route, a qualified one/live out is about E450/E500+you pay their tax on top. Au pairs are an option too.

There is a scheme called the ECCE, where the government pays a grant towards childcare fees age 3 and a quarter up, for the year. This can either mean a free place in (most) childcare facilities/pre-school Montessori, or you can pay a 'top up' for the extra hours not covered by the scheme. Maybe someone could put up a link on here?

There is a Facebook page for 'Greystones parent and toddlers', you could ask people on there for advice as to what they think/know is good.If your children are 3 and a half and under, I can recommend the local parent/toddler groups as a great place to meet other parents/kids. Details are on the Facebook page mentioned.

Also Rollercoaster.ie may be able to help you with childminders advertising etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Chicago Chick

Thank you Greystoner for all of that information and apologies for not getting online earlier to reply and thank you.

I will go look into some of it and thanks again.

Advertisement