Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aromatherapy box?

• 31-10-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

i cant find a 'natural remedies' or 'holistic healing' forum so sticking this here hope its ok...

im trying to find a box for storing aromatherapy oils...one of the ones sectioned off for individual bottles, preferably made from wood

anyone know where in dublin i can get one of these?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Did you try asking any of the shops you buy the oils in? They might be able to help you. Even a few antique furniture stores? Where do you usually buy your oils? I'm looking to get some at decent prices but i'm down south of the country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭lolo62

KittyKat wrote: »
    Did you try asking any of the shops you buy the oils in? They might be able to help you. Even a few antique furniture stores? Where do you usually buy your oils? I'm looking to get some at decent prices but i'm down south of the country.

I didnt actually...thanks for the suggestion that is the most common sense option!

I always buy my oils in Holland & Barrett because they do great deals on Lavender and I use a LOT of Lavender. If you spend over €40 online post is free so that can work out really cheap especially when youre getting 20ml for €6/7.

The only down side to Holland & Barrett oils is that the droppers are crap! They dont work properly so its hard to control how many drops you are using. Atlantic Aromatics droppers are great but their oils are expensive.

My love of Lavender is so great that my search once brought me to wholesalers where I discovered you can get a whole litre for £34 :) still trying to decide whether or not to do it!

On the boxes...this http://www.bomar.ie/index.php?productID=210 is the kind of thing I was hoping to find...preferably for about half the price.

lolo62 wrote: »
    I didnt actually...thanks for the suggestion that is the most common sense option!

I always buy my oils in Holland & Barrett because they do great deals on Lavender and I use a LOT of Lavender. If you spend over €40 online post is free so that can work out really cheap especially when youre getting 20ml for €6/7.

The only down side to Holland & Barrett oils is that the droppers are crap! They dont work properly so its hard to control how many drops you are using. Atlantic Aromatics droppers are great but their oils are expensive.

My love of Lavender is so great that my search once brought me to wholesalers where I discovered you can get a whole litre for £34 :) still trying to decide whether or not to do it!

On the boxes...this http://www.bomar.ie/index.php?productID=210 is the kind of thing I was hoping to find...preferably for about half the price.

Thanks for the info! Holland and Barretts sounds ideal alright. I'll check them out. The oils are pretty expensive to buy alright, thats the one downfall but i do love them. Theyre great mood lifters and good for colds. I love lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oils.

Yea i'm sure ive seen those boxes in gift shops around. I'll try clonmel and mallow before the end of the week and see if they have one for you. :)

KittyKat wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! Holland and Barretts sounds ideal alright. I'll check them out. The oils are pretty expensive to buy alright, thats the one downfall but i do love them. Theyre great mood lifters and good for colds. I love lavender, eucalyptus and tea tree oils.

Yea i'm sure ive seen those boxes in gift shops around. I'll try clonmel and mallow before the end of the week and see if they have one for you. :)

lavender tea tree and eucalyptus together are magic! i havent had a sinus infection/head cold for years because i inhale those three together whenever i feel something starting..

thanks a mill for keeping an eye out...be great to know where i can get my hands on one!

No worries at all i'll keep you posted. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

I use a Midleton Special Reserve wooden box that the whiskey is presented in. It is fierce pricey but I know someone who treats himself to it at Christmas / or gets as present? so I nab the discarded box when I get a chance. I have smaller boxes that are to be found in Oxfam shops ... made in India of hardwood and some brass inlay, very inexpensive for work and materials.

I use a Midleton Special Reserve wooden box that the whiskey is presented in. It is fierce pricey but I know someone who treats himself to it at Christmas / or gets as present? so I nab the discarded box when I get a chance. I have smaller boxes that are to be found in Oxfam shops ... made in India of hardwood and some brass inlay, very inexpensive for work and materials.

thanks ill have a look in oxfam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

I order my oils from www.youraromatherapy.co.uk, and have found them to be very efficient - not sure if they do any boxes that you may be interested in, but might be worth checking out the website.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭bluecatmorgana

My sister got me a lovely box from Unicorn aromatherapy when they were at the mind body and spirit thing on in rds. Theyre based in Galway but unfortunately I dont know how much it was for.

Advertisement