Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver War Badges, rolls.

Options
  • 31-10-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Just to let you know as part of the 'War Dead Databases Project' the rolls of Silver War Badges for the Royal Irish Regiment, Connaught Rangers, Munster Fusiliers, Leinster Regiment, Royal Irish Rifles, Royal Irish Regiment, Inniskilling Fusiliers, Nurses, Officers, Cyclist Corps, Machine Gun Corps, Irish Guards and all the other Guards Regiments, Tank Corps, Royal Flying Corps and the Machine Gun Corps have been secured and digitised. The rest of the units discharged from Dublin (i.e Dublin Fusiliers) will become available and digitised in mid November. Men and women who survived are not really part of the project but when the opportunity presented itself and it could not be passed by. Of two regiments discharged with illness or wounds at Dublin, the Inniskillings and Royal Irish Rifles there are over 8,000 names.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭phaethon

Thats amazing news!

I just started to work with one database myself (just for my own personal use, study and statistics) what will keep me occupied coming year or two, so any information what is available is great to know!

If any of you need to check up RDF QSA,KSA,VM/BWM roles, I can help:cool:.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Thank you phaethon.
    The databases collected by, and used by, the project are for ww1 casualties, there are lots of others out there, MICs, records, etc covering the lads and ladies who survived but we must stay focussed on the object ahead.
    Kind regards.
    Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭oncevotedff

Is the database searchable by the number of the Badge? A frind of mine has one and he would like to know who it belonged to

Please let me kndge number and I will have a look.

phaethon wrote: »
    Please let me kndge number and I will have a look.

Thanks. It's 130178

And could you try B 85428 for me as well

• Advertisement

130178 - Sapper Richard John Wolfe, Royal Engineers, 'G' Coy. Enlisted 07.09.1903. Received 1914 Star trio +SWB. Qualified for a Mons star 07.10.1914. Discharge 04.09.1917 due sickness age 34.

B85428 - Private Chochrane E. Black. 345499 Manchester Regiment. Enlisted 03.09.1914. Discharge 26.10.1918 Para 392 XVI (a) age 30.

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

The project has ended. The SWB rolls are available on Ancestry and are searchable by number.
    Cheers.
    Tom.

Advertisement