Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depressed Dog?

• 01-11-2011 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if you could give me some advice.

For the last few days my dog seems very down in herself. Normally she likes to be with me and will come in and lie down near me in the evening but now she's lying out in the kitchen on her own.

At first I thought she might be too hot, and preferred lying on tiles, so have turned off the heating and put a fan in our living room but to no avail. My boyfriend says she's grand and I'm just imagining it. She's eating and drinking great as always. And she's brought out for at least one but mostly 2 walks a day.

Has anyone experienced this with their dogs previously? She's 7 months old so was wondering if this is a sign maybe she's coming in to heat? I've never really had a bitch before so not that experienced with this so any advice or help is appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

A visit to the vet. Better to be safe then sorry. If could be her way of saying 'Im not feeling well'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Our girl always gets in bad form before she comes into heat I'd say thats your problem alright, just keep an eye on her and mark your calender with her mood swings so you know for the future..

Advertisement