Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bulmers (ireland) -v- magners (scotland)

Options
  • 01-11-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

my understand is/was that these are the same product. magners is bulmers outside of ireland.

is it just me or are these 2 very different drinks? magners almost seems a bit sweeter or softer or something?

im talking about pint bottles.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Random wrote: »
    is it just me or are these 2 very different drinks?
    Try them blind. It's the only way you'll know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just checking the sites and I see this,

http://www.magners.co.uk/Pages/FAQ
    1. Is Magners the same as Bulmers?

In Ireland, Magners is actually called Bulmers and so takes the same inspiration from traditional cider making methods that were used back in 1935. It is the same crisp, refreshing taste - just with a different name on the label.

In the rest of the world, Magners Original Irish cider and Bulmers are completely different ciders. They are owned by different companies and have completely different tastes.l
    That is not to say you might not taste a difference, just like you might possibly taste a difference in 2 bottles of bulmers, e.g. due to different ratios of apples and different harvests in general.

this is interesting
    9. What's the difference between Magners Golden Draught and regular Magners in bottles?

Magners Golden Draught is produced with the same craft, care and dedication as Magners Original Irish Cider in bottles. The product, however, differs from bottled Magners as it is made using a higher proportion of the smaller, harder Dabinett and Michelin apples. This produces a crisper, less sweet taste which is perfect for draught cider. Magners Golden Draught is served extra cold so there is no need for ice.

Magners Golden Draught is currently only available in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Technocentral

I can confirm that they're both equally disgusting.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

I can confirm that they're both equally disgusting.:D
    hey lads we are talking scrumpy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i was definitely drinking the magners (what we call bulmers in ireland).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

They definately taste different. Few friends used to work in the bulmers factory in Clonmel, and they used to get slabs of bulmers/magners from the workers shop there. I didnt like the magners at all. I find bulmers very easy to drink, while the magners was a little harder. It wouldnt be a major difference in taste, but enough to know that you prefered one over the other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

wobbles wrote: »
    They definately taste different.
    Only the label is different. Maybe the way the light shines through it/on it affects the taste?

Advertisement